SSL-5T - Dialling-in a tapped single-coil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SSL-5T - Dialling-in a tapped single-coil

No, neither was. But it wouldn't make a difference the way I had them connected. I used an on-off-on switch so that I could select either one, or have both disconnected. There was no difference in sound between either one on "full", or none at all. In other words, either 250k, 1 meg, or "open" didn't matter in regards to the tap.

It only made a difference when in the "tapped" mode. And then, I liked the sound of the 250k better. I'm still going to experiment with why that last one, (Fig. 5) sounded weird. Hopefully, I'll get this done tomorrow.

Comment

Awesome. I'm definitely restocking my small home workstation this Friday, especially since I've been thinking of some mods for my Hagstrom as well.

Thanks for welcoming me to the forum and for all your input.

Comment

Any other results, Artie? Re: SSL-5T - Dialling-in a tapped single-coil

Just wondering if Artie ever tried the Spin-a-Split any other ways and had better luck. I'll be fiddling with it this weekend, after the last of the parts come in - I ordered a set of Dimarzio 'Custom Taper' 250k pots, one a push/pull, so maybe I get different (and maybe equally strange) results.

Comment

No, I haven't gotten to it yet. Since that last post, an Invader, a Jazz, a JB Jr. and parallel wiring have all come into my life. My tonal plate has been full.

Comment

Working...
          X