PATBs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PATBs

I can't remember where I heard this before but someone said that the PATB-1 is the same thing as the JB except with a little more bass (and obviously different pole pieces), is this true? I've got two strats now and I've almost got one nailed tonewise. My newest one is almost for sure going to go with humbuckers. I really like those thick harmonics the JB puts out and I really like the sound of the JB, but I there are other pickups that interest me too I like the 59b/TB59 and it can pretty much do Van Halen and has a great sound to me, and although I don't remember it sounding scooped that would be a bad thing for me. Custom 5 is supposed to be in between the JB & 59 right? Would it be fair to say that the PATB-3 Blues Trembucker is a hotter '59?
    Fender MIA Strat (Blue/Red Velvets)
    JB Player Strat (Norton/PAF Pro w/ 5way superswitch)
    Fender HotRod Deville 212 Cleans baby clean.
    Vox Valvetronix 30w AWESOME!!!!!
    Dunlop Classic Crybaby
    Do you know any geniuses, I wish I knew myself better.

Re: PATBs

Originally posted by brinton
    I really like those thick harmonics the JB puts out and I really like the sound of the JB, but I there are other pickups that interest me too I like the 59b/TB59 and it can pretty much do Van Halen and has a great sound to me, and although I don't remember it sounding scooped that would be a bad thing for me. Custom 5 is supposed to be in between the JB & 59 right? Would it be fair to say that the PATB-3 Blues Trembucker is a hotter '59?
    I'd say the Blues Trembucker is a nice middle ground between the JB and 59.
    I've never used a '59, but I'm a huge fan of the Blues Trembucker. I've got 'em in two of my guitars now, and I couldn't be happier with the variety of tones it pulls off. And it gets a great Van Halen sound thru my 5150 Combo. It's cleans up well and it rocks! I'm having a Strat made at GMW and the Blues Trembucker was my first and only choice for the bridge.
    Not a 5150 Kramer, but a 5149 1/2 Shamer
    www.bigmouthbetty.com

Comment

thanks, for the help. I'm really looking for THAT pickup, after going through 3 electric guitars and countless pickup modifications in about 1 year and 2 months I just want to get my Humbucking strat nailed, I need those thumb harmonics to ring through with character, it's not a playing issue because I can do it over and over unplugged. I got my #1 nailed basically, the ONLY thing I could ask for would be a little more harmonic causing mids like those of a humbucker but then it wouldn't be as straty. My signature is my #1.
      Fender MIA Strat (Blue/Red Velvets)
      JB Player Strat (Norton/PAF Pro w/ 5way superswitch)
      Fender HotRod Deville 212 Cleans baby clean.
      Vox Valvetronix 30w AWESOME!!!!!
      Dunlop Classic Crybaby
      Do you know any geniuses, I wish I knew myself better.

Comment

Would have to agree with the Blues Tembucker. I have one myself and I like it a lot.

Comment

I have a PATB3 Blues and it has harmonics galore. I wish it had a tad more gain like the c5 but it is still my second favorite behind the c5
          My bands links:

PEDL
          www.myspace.com/pedlmusic

TREBLE BLEED
          www.myspace.com/treblebleed

KLINK
          www.myspace.com/klinkdetroit

Comment

Working...
          X