JB jr. for Tele?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JB jr. for Tele?

Anyone think they`ll ever make this pickup for a Tele bridge? , wasn`t the JB intended for the Tele in first place?
    When asking for pickup suggestions please tell us what amp you`re using

Re: JB jr. for Tele?

Originally posted by 51501984
    Anyone think they`ll ever make this pickup for a Tele bridge? , wasn`t the JB intended for the Tele in first place?
    I would assume SD R&D would have already looked into this. I'd be very interested in their findings.
    -Butch Snyder
    butchsnyder.com

Never cut your nose off to spite your face. It never grows back...

Comment

I asked this same question a while back and someone (I beleive it was Evan, not sure) told me that the Lil 59 for tele started out as the JB Jr for tele, but when wound to JB specs it was very bright sounding. They then lowered the resistance and made it mellower and came out with the Lil 59 for tele.
      Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjy_26
        I asked this same question a while back and someone (I beleive it was Evan, not sure) told me that the Lil 59 for tele started out as the JB Jr for tele, but when wound to JB specs it was very bright sounding. They then lowered the resistance and made it mellower and came out with the Lil 59 for tele.
        Ok, i get what you are saying but there is a lil JB for strat and the only difference a lil JB for strat and a lil JB for tele should be the mounting screw holes. 3 for tele, 2 in back 1 in front and 2 for strat, 1 on each side.

Comment

Originally posted by wixomwhat
          Ok, i get what you are saying but there is a lil JB for strat and the only difference a lil JB for strat and a lil JB for tele should be the mounting screw holes. 3 for tele, 2 in back 1 in front and 2 for strat, 1 on each side.

That's exactly what I said! Try PM'ing Evan or Jeremy, mayhap they know more than I.

Comment

the closest thing to a jb jr for tele is the custom shop bg1400 esquire pup.

the tele versions and strat versions are different pups, ex. strat bridge is around 11k while the tele bridge is around 17k. so they are quite different, im sure you could somehow mount a lil59 strat pup on a tele if you wanted to

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy
              the closest thing to a jb jr for tele is the custom shop bg1400 esquire pup.

the tele versions and strat versions are different pups, ex. strat bridge is around 11k while the tele bridge is around 17k. so they are quite different, im sure you could somehow mount a lil59 strat pup on a tele if you wanted to
              Couldn't I buy a lil 59' for tele and have the custom shop rewind it to the Jb specks?

Do the 59 and jb have the same type of magnet? are they both ceramic?

Comment

Originally posted by Benjy_26
                Good memory, Benjy. You're exactly right.
                Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
                Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan Skopp
                  Good memory, Benjy. You're exactly right.

Thank-ya!

Comment

I still dont understand how a lil JB for tele would be any different from a lil Jb for strat? Like i said, should the only difference be in the way that the pickup is mounted?

Comment

I still dont understand how a lil JB for tele would be any different from a lil Jb for strat? Like i said, should the only difference be in the way that the pickup is mounted?

Call the Custom Shop if you want one really badly.

Comment

Yes, you have to remember that the mounting is very different and produces different tones as well. A stainless steel (non magnetic) bridge and a ferrous (magnetic) bridge will yeild different tones as well as a vinyl pickguard.
                        -Butch Snyder
                        butchsnyder.com

Never cut your nose off to spite your face. It never grows back...

Comment

Working...
                        X