Basslines question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basslines question

Please help, I know I can find an answer here.
    I'm thinking of replacing the stock pickups in a peavy foundation bass (1983) with quarter pound single coils for p-bass.The plan is to use the stk mounting rings and make an adapter for the single coils. Should I mount them straight like the originals or put them on an angle? I think there's room to go either way.

Also, is this the best pickup style for this application?
    Last edited by Idlewood; 08-06-2004, 06:18 PM.

Re: Basslines question

Hey Idlewood. Welcome to the User Group Forum.

I assume you're talking about the SCPB-3 Quarter-Pound for Single-Coil P-Bass -- the instrument that sometimes goes by the name "Tele Bass."

I would mount the pickups such that the pole pieces line up directly underneath the strings. If the pickup is too wide, then angle it. Leo Fender used to angle pickups so that the magnets under the higher strings were closer to the bridge (Strat, Tele, twin coil P-Bass). Personally, I've never understood this. It seems to make more sense to me to angle it the other way, to achieve a more balanced sound. But far be it for me to argue with Leo.

Anyway, that pickup works well for the heaviest rock styles, down to classic rock.

I hope that helps.
    Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
    Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

Re: Basslines question

Help appreciated. I'm hesitant about upgrading but I think this might be worthwhile. I'm tired of trying to dial in any amount of presence from the stock pickups.
      Last edited by Idlewood; 08-07-2004, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X