banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How well do Dimebuckers work in alder bodies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How well do Dimebuckers work in alder bodies?

Long story as short as I can possibly get it:

I have a Washburn Dime333 that I have recently dubbed as my new guinea pig for tech stuff. When I get finished playing around with it as much as I can, I'd like to update it to have Dimebag's pickups. I will only do this if it's worth a crap tonally.

I was about to with my original idea of finding a copy of the original bridge pickup since I already had the stock neck pickup, but the neck pickup itself is screwed. Now it's on to idea #2. New (sort of) problem: Dimebag's guitars have since had a makeover and are now made of mahogany. I believe the pickup was made afterwards

Would Dimebuckers work well with an alder body? Who has toyed with this before? Results? Other thoughts?

phear teh guitar pissing kitty of DEWM!!!

Re: How well do Dimebuckers work in alder bodies?

other than in a lp, alder is the only wood ive heard the dime in. sounds great!!
    chunky defined bottom with good bite on top.

Comment

good enough for me!!

dimebucker and whatever the hell he uses in the neck position it is!!

Comment

Doesn't he use a 59 neck?

-X
        green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Didn't have it in an Alder body but did have a Dime in my Epi Les Paul and it rocks for sure. I don't know what he uses for the neck, but I'd definately pair it with something high/higher output ala a distortion neck or something like that. It is an output monster! Although you can do cleans fairly well with it.

Comment

I verified his neck pickup on his website. Empty Pockets is correct: he has a 59 in the neck.

So far I have one reference that a Dimebucker works in an alder body. Maybe we'll have some major pup-heads come in here soon.

Comment

Working...
            X