Jb Prototype?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jb Prototype?

What is this? I'd seen this before but never really cared but i just saw Stevo's newest clip in the sound room and it got me to a wondering.

Re: Jb Prototype?

31 years ago, when Seymour was working with Jeff Beck to develop the pickups that eventually became the JB and the Jazz Model, he went through several prototypes that, while good-sounding pickups, didn't make the cut in the end. This is one of those designs.

It's only available in Japan where it's part of a limited edition run of 777 pieces.
    Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
    Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

Thnaks for the info Evan.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan Skopp

It's only available in Japan where it's part of a limited edition run of 777 pieces.
        ?? Why 777? Do the Japanese think they´re more evil that way?
        Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

I checked out ESp's site and it looks like the JB prototype is still availible but i cant figure out how to order one or how much it would cost me. I'll have to wait till my dad gets home and ask him what the exchange rate is right now on Yen to USD.

Comment

Originally posted by wixomwhat
            I checked out ESp's site and it looks like the JB prototype is still availible but i cant figure out how to order one or how much it would cost me. I'll have to wait till my dad gets home and ask him what the exchange rate is right now on Yen to USD.
            Hmmm . . . if they didn't make the SD cut, why would you want one?

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo

why not?

Comment

I think you can still have the custom shop make you a prototype.
                I have a JB, a Bug-Sey and a prototype. The Bug-Sey is like a regular JB with different guage wire and the hot/shield wiring for the controls.
                The prototype that I have has an A2 magnet and 2-wire operation.
                They are all nice pickups, depending on the sound you prefer for your style.
                My Duncan demos and songs

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo
                  It's a good-sounding pickup. It's just not the bridge pickup Seymour and Jeff settled on for the Blow By Blow tone.
                  Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
                  Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan Skopp
                    It's a good-sounding pickup.
                    No question about that Lot's of punch and a smooth top end. It has a nice little snarl on the lower notes too.

Comment

hey Stevo- how did you get a hold of a Prototype jb? Did you buy it from the link in my first post?

Comment

Originally posted by wixomwhat
                        hey Stevo- how did you get a hold of a Prototype jb
                        I just call the custom shop directly for custom orders. I deal with them quite a bit. MJ and Seymour totally rock

Comment

Working...
                        X