JB humbucker in NECK??? INSANE???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JB humbucker in NECK??? INSANE???

I REALLY like my JB in the bridge position, but I'm thinking of using something with a hotter output in the bridge.

MAYBE, I could use this cool pickup in the neck position.

I'm thinkin a hotter pickup in the bridge will make it work.

What do YOU think???? I'd love to know!!

Thor
    p.s. Is there a high output humbucker that sounds like a hot single coil without the hummmmmmmmmmm.? undefined

Re: JB humbucker in NECK??? INSANE???

Heya Thor,

Don't know about the humbucker/sounds like a single deal, but I have used the JB in the neck position, while using another JB in the bridge position. The JB in the neck is creamy and fat. If you're the kind of player that does a lot of chording in the neck position, it probably wouldn't be that great. I use my neck position for soloing pretty much, and for that it's great in the neck. You might have to work on the height/screw adjustment for awhile to get the volume balance between the neck and bridge pickups that you like though.

Besides, if you try it and hate it, you can always swap it out again

Farkus
    2007 Strat ('78 bridge, a2 Pro neck)
    1976 Strat (Antiquity 1 set)

Fender, Mesa, Marshall Amps

Comment

If you want hot single-coil sound in neck position without the hum, checkout DiMarzio's Humbucker From Hell.

I don't think SD makes any humbuckers that sound like single-coils. The APII's are probably the closest thing they make.
      Watch My Videos
      Photography
      www.myspace.com/thebillyhong
      "Anything worth living for is worth suffering for."

Comment

I'm thinking about swapping the pickups in my Ibanez (Distortion/Jazz) for a DiMarzio Drop Sonic and a JB in the neck. I probably won't like the combo too much, but hey... I've got no life so I might as well try it.
        7 FREE TRACKS OF ROCK - driftrocks.bandcamp.com

PARTY - pulsepartyband.com

In mother Russia, pedal overdrives you.

Comment

The JB is FAT FAT FAT in a neck position.

I am probably picking up my Phat Cat Stack this week, from the SD custom shop. It is a single coil P90 in a humbucker size. I special ordered a "stacked" version, to eliminate single coil hum.
          My Duncan demos and songs

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo
            The JB is FAT FAT FAT in a neck position.

I am probably picking up my Phat Cat Stack this week, from the SD custom shop. It is a single coil P90 in a humbucker size. I special ordered a "stacked" version, to eliminate single coil hum.
            So is the JB in the neck good for soloing? Nice pickup choice too, you'll love it.

I love your title by the way
            7 FREE TRACKS OF ROCK - driftrocks.bandcamp.com

PARTY - pulsepartyband.com

In mother Russia, pedal overdrives you.

Comment

I had a Dimebucker in the bridge and JB in the neck and it was great. A bit hot, but definately sounded nice.

Comment

Working...
              X