pickups for wolfgang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pickups for wolfgang

I just got a very nice wolfgang an american made one.It has emgHz's in it.Which they are not bad,but I was wondering if anyone has a wolfgang with some pickups they like in it.Or what would be the best choice for a wolfgang?

Re: pickups for wolfgang

The absolute best bridge pickup for a Wolfgang is the PATB-3 Blues Trembucker. The Custom Custom is nice too, it depends on what sound you're after. For the neck, I really like the Alnico II Pro. Just remember, you'll need to replace your pots as well, because EMG pickups use different pot values than standard passive pickups.

Ryan
    Originally posted by JOLLY
    I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

Originally posted by rspst14
      The absolute best bridge pickup for a Wolfgang is the PATB-3 Blues Trembucker.
      For the neck, I really like the Alnico II Pro.
      Ryan
      Hey Ryan; Hope you realize that I'm just poking fun at you . . . but thats a bit funny if one looks at your sig real close.

Comment

Yeah, I know...I only removed it because I like to try new things, and at the time, the Wolfgang was my only guitar, so I needed a "jack of all trades" type of pickup for it. I asked MJ at the custom shop about having the stock JB in my Hamer rewound to Blues Trembucker specs, so that I could have that tone with the stock polepiece/nickel cover look. Ultimately, I decided to give the BBQ a try, as I've always wanted to hear one of those. My next humbucker guitar will have a Blues in the bridge, that's for sure.
        The pickup combination I have in there now sounds great, and I highly recommend it. I just thought I'd stick with recommending standard Duncan pickups, in case Hunter wasn't familiar with replacing pickups. No sense in getting into magnet swapping unless someone is comfortable doing that sort of thing.

Ryan
        Originally posted by JOLLY
        I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

Working...
        X