Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: tone control

Originally posted by sanrafael
    Remember those little capacitors some people put between the top pot connection and the slider? They do not really work all that well, and with the 100K pot, you do not need one.
    Personally I like the HPF system, for various reasons, Also, anyone ever hear of a Direct Box ... That's basically what you are doing ...
    ::::To sound reinforcement engineer::::
    ... What? ... ::::snicker:::: ...Yes, ... Right, ...
    Could we please have everything louder than everything else ? ...

Comment

Sorry, Kent, I do not know the HPF system, and for Direct Box I find a doubly shielded transformer, which does not seem to be what you mean?

Comment

Originally posted by sanrafael
        Sorry, Kent, I do not know the HPF system, and for Direct Box I find a doubly shielded transformer, which does not seem to be what you mean?
        HPF ... High Pass Filter ...
        Most direct boxes are transformer based (the passive ones, active is a different story) , converting hi Z to low Z, the lower Z would accomplish much of what you were referring to in terms of cable capacitance and what not ... it was kinda meant as a joke. Nevermind ...
        ::::To sound reinforcement engineer::::
        ... What? ... ::::snicker:::: ...Yes, ... Right, ...
        Could we please have everything louder than everything else ? ...

Comment

Kent, Sorry, I am running a big sleep deficit now; I will be alert again in about 6 days! But yes, you are right, one could transform down to do the same thing.

Comment

Working...
          X