Lead Length?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lead Length?

I just got my first Duncan in. I'm going to try and install it tonight after work. Should I cut off the excess Shielding on the 2 conductor cable or just leave it inside the guitar body? This is the neck pick up on a Les Paul.
    Kramer Classic III - Trans Amber

and more projects than you can shake a spray gun at.

Re: Lead Length?

Ideally, you want the cable lead as short as possible. I'm not quite sure what you mean about the shielding on the 2 conductor cable... I thought all SDs had 4 conductor cable (blk, green, white, & red).
    Very Metal.

:firedevil :headbang: :firedevil

ESP Lynch Kamikaze 4
    ESP Lynch Sunburst Tiger
    ESP Lynch Skulls and Snakes
    ESP Lynch Serpent-colored lefty body
    ESP KH-1
    LTD F-207-7 string- custom metal headstock tone block
    BC Rich KKV
    Schecter Omen 7-7 string- SD '59 neck/Custom bridge
    Soldano Series II Super Lead 60

Comment

Actualy the 2 condutor Leads have a single wire that goes to the pots and the Metal Shielding around the wire goes to the Ground.

Comment

my advice is to leave as much as you can ... if you decide to sell it, you'll want to be able to tell prospective buyers that you have plenty of length to install in their axe ... if you love the sound and know you will never sell it, you could always trim the extra length out later if you find it useful

good luck
        t4d
        gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

Got the pickup installed. I only had to cut off about an inch of the lead. I was a little worried about my soldering job but I must have done alright because the pickup is clean and clear and sounds awsome. So far I love the '59.

Comment

Working...
          X