Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickup suggestions for SG

hey guys..
    im planning to go for a doubleneck SG...
    the 12 string neck, i plan for seomthing very clean and nice. Just something soothing. I was thinking maybe dual Jazz?.I want very atmospheric tone. i read that the jazz doesnt give a hot lead tone but im alright with that. How about the 6 string. I want something rocky. Very strong warm. I want a searing lead tone there. Maybe on the roads of slash., etc. Was thinking Alnico 2 Pros. but they might be a little too mild. Got any ideas.? and comments on the dual jazz
    Fender MIA '97 Std Telecaster /w Antiquities
    Epiphone MIK Les Paul /w SD Jazz + JB

Re: Pickup suggestions for SG

dual Jazz sounds good, I think a 59/AP2 or C5/AP2 on the 6 would be nice as well. Slash in the neck, strong and rocky in the bridge.

Comment

Originally posted by TattooedCarrot
      dual Jazz sounds good, I think a 59/AP2 or C5/AP2 on the 6 would be nice as well. Slash in the neck, strong and rocky in the bridge.
      Yeah thats alright for the jazz but im gonna stay away from 59 and Custom 5 for my dual SG cuz in my other les paul ive got a 59/Custom 5 config
      Fender MIA '97 Std Telecaster /w Antiquities
      Epiphone MIK Les Paul /w SD Jazz + JB

Comment

why not try a aph/cc combo for the 6. itll give you that warm slash style tone but with more juice in the bridge

Comment

AAh.... a dblneck SG... someday... someday soon!!

I always wanted to load such with Jazz/Jazz for the 12, and '59/'59 for the 6.
          Edwards Jimmy Page, Fender AmDlx Strat, PRS CE24, Edwards E-FV, AGILE Valkyrie Double-neck, Ibanez EP9. Metroamp 50w, Fender SFSR, Blackstar HT40 VP

Comment

Working...
          X