Output of the BBQ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Output of the BBQ?

Anyone ever test the output of the Rio Grande BBQ and Texas? I put a pair in my LP, and I tell you they are hot. (like them a ton so far) But I had a Dimebucker and a JB (bridge and neck) in my LP before. (great pups but was looking for something different) And like, I don't notice a HUGE downgrade in output. Of course there is some for sure. And tonaly they are different. But I didn't think that the BBQ/Texas were considered high/med output pups? Or at least not high output. Maybe I was wrong. Just curious if anyone ever tested the output of them to see where they measure against Duncans? Yeah I'm a pup/tone dork! Hehe but I wonder about these things! I even thought the Texas was a semi vintage pup (kind of like a PG or AII Pro), but I tell you that sucker is LOUD. Great pups, I still love Duncans too though!
    Last edited by Jeff5; 08-10-2004, 09:51 AM.

Re: Output of the BBQ?

never played a texas but the bbq has a good amount of output

Comment

Mine measured 12.76k on my multimeter. I'd consider it to be a medium output pickup. To my ears, it is a little less hot than the Duncan Custom series, and definitely lower in output than the JB. Try lowering it a bit if it's too high in output for you.

Ryan
      Originally posted by JOLLY
      I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

I really like the output level. And I did kind of have my Dimebucker set fairly low due to its high output. That's probably why I'm not noticing a drastic difference in the output level.

Comment

Jeff, what style of music do you play? Heavy? The Rios are nice and very thick and rich. Enjoy.

Comment

I'm kind of hard to peg down! Usually I play what I'm in the mood for hehe. Seriously, I usually play most forms of harder rock and metal in all its incarnations. (cept for 80s glam stuff) Lots of classic rock too like Zep, Skynard, Eagles, steve miller etc. The BBQ seems very verstile at this point. Warmed up my tone a great deal, without sacrificing bottom end or mids. Great harmonics too. The Texas is great in the neck too. I'm liking this combo so far. I really wanted something with an A5 Mag, that was lower output than the Dime, but also still retained the punch, bottom ends, and mids that I like. I was thinking about a C5, but the low mids scare me, although I will probably try that and a CC some day. The quest for Tone continues! For now I gotta stop spending money and just play though hehe.

Comment

I've never tested the output of my BBQ's but they're pretty damn hot!!!!!! I have a BBQ in both my EBMM Axis and my LP Std. Definetly my favorite pickup for rock-metal to date. Crazy thick and dripping with harmonics
              :afro:

Comment

I find the BBQ to have nice tone, nbut a little on the dark side (I have it in an SG).

Comment

Does anyone know what might be similar to the BBQ in output and tone but not as dark? The Rios in my Dean Evo Deluxe are a little on the dark side.

Comment

Working...
                  X