middle-pu   6.3
    bridge      8.3
    ...and the mini-switch and selector switch combinations:

Code:
        parallel    bypass    series
    N    3.16        6.24      6.24
    N+B  2.31        3.59      3.59
    B    3.62        8.34      8.34

I went through and calculated what the values would be in series, and the values are spot on.
    This machine kills fascists

Comment

Re: Strat Wiring Idea

OK, now this takes the cake!

This is something that can only happen with a Twangbanger. It turns out the TB has a copper plate on the bottom, and it's grounded to this plate. I also had copper foil on the back of the pickguard, and the pickupscrews (which screwed into the plate) contacted the copper foil, and made a ground!

The only way I figured this out was by disconnecting the pickup ground wires. The neck and middle no longer worked, but the bridge Twangbanger still did.

Comment

So Matt, where does that leave you now? Do you still have positions that don't work?
        Or are you on the trail to figuring this out?

Comment

Something tells me the Switchologist and his Patient are starting to get a bit wired

Hatīs off to A2, and good luck, you 2 are already WAAY over my head
          Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Artie (and Zerb): it works perfect now! Sweet single coils in the middle position, quack in the up position, and ballsy-thick tone in the down (serial) position. Once again, thanks to Artie and his elegant wiring that was spot-on.

I think the strangest thing was that I had disconnected the grounds from the 3-way switch, but I was still getting readings for the bridge pickup (through the quick-connects I have in my pickguard)! That's what lead me to the ground going from the Twang-banger plate, through the screws, to the copper foil on the pickguard, and then to the grounded volume pot.

Now I just need to figure out of I want to keep one of my no-load 250k tone pots, or if I want to switch it for a 250k push-pull that will allow me to add the middle by itself. I'm still waiting on a non-RWRP APS2 (there was an order mix-up) for the neck. I have an SSL-1 pulled from the neck of my kramer 15 years ago in there now.

So...right now, I have:

SSL-1 (neck)
            APS-2 (middle)
            Twangbanger (bridge)

...in a swamp ash hardtail Warmoth strat.

Comment

Excellent . . . although, next time I'll try to make sure I don't have my switch drawing backwards.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo
                Excellent . . . although, next time I'll try to make sure I don't have my switch drawing backwards.
                I hate it when that happens, but it does ...
                Okay, to further confuse things ... err ... I mean help (yeah, right Kent ...)
                Here is a layout that I have in a Fernandez Strat of mine, I actually think I like yours (the two of you that is) a bit better. Mine is a little more switch intensive, and requires two DPDT push/pull (or push/push pots [ one could be a SPDT switch]; uses a five way switch). This was originally done with humbucking stacked singles, and a control matrix similar to the G&L set-up.
                {Also a DMZ shockwave preamp ... GOD I wish they still made those :::: sigh}
                This differs from the one stated in a couple areas as follows:

Yours: Middle in series with the parallel connection of the bridge & neck,
                Neck & bridge in parallel, neck & middle & bridge in parallel.
                Mine: Middle alone, bridge & middle in series w/ neck in parallel,
                neck & middle in series w/ bridge in parallel.
                So it's kinda a cool option, depending on what the player wants, just put it out there for anyone that might be interested ...
                ::::To sound reinforcement engineer::::
                ... What? ... ::::snicker:::: ...Yes, ... Right, ...
                Could we please have everything louder than everything else ? ...

Comment

Working...
                X