3 way switch question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 way switch question

Hey guys, I have a 3 way switch that has 5 prongs total. One ground, and two sets of two prongs close together. This is a little different than some of the 3 way switches I've used before, am I correct in assuming that the inside two prongs get soldered together, and the outside two are the hot connections if I'm only using one volume control? When the switch is up or down, it is making contact with only one of the two inside prongs, which leads me to believe those are the solder points for the volume control connections. Hopefully my description isn't too vague, can anyone confirm this before I start rewiring my buddy's guitar? Thanks.

Ryan
    Originally posted by JOLLY
    I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Re: 3 way switch question

Originally posted by rspst14
    Hey guys, I have a 3 way switch that has 5 prongs total. One ground, and two sets of two prongs close together. This is a little different than some of the 3 way switches I've used before, am I correct in assuming that the inside two prongs get soldered together, and the outside two are the hot connections if I'm only using one volume control? When the switch is up or down, it is making contact with only one of the two inside prongs, which leads me to believe those are the solder points for the volume control connections. Hopefully my description isn't too vague, can anyone confirm this before I start rewiring my buddy's guitar? Thanks.

Ryan
    I'm going to bust your chops because, YOU should know better ...
    Mr. Ryan, ... are we a victim of the 3 way *boxed electronics* import switches ... HHhmmm ....
    Sounds to me like you are describing a typical switchcraft leaf blade switch ... Now what I'm about to tell you is so secretive, that in no way could one possibly figure it out by, oh, I don't know ...a meter, or ... wait, by *LOOKING * at the switch ...
    Okay ragging over with ....
    The answer to your question (as I sit here with a switchcraft rightangle SG toggle in my hand) is Yes. The inner leaves are the generally used as the commons, but you can use the outer ones as well, or even one of each. Now the three way switch for the three pup guitars, can never remember that one. That's always look and figure time, of course I rarely run across them.
    ::::To sound reinforcement engineer::::
    ... What? ... ::::snicker:::: ...Yes, ... Right, ...
    Could we please have everything louder than everything else ? ...

Comment

Re: 3 way switch question

Hahaha, I knew I should've deleted this thread once I figured it out on my own.

Ryan
      Originally posted by JOLLY
      I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

Working...
      X