guys need help quickly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guys need help quickly

wired up my friend's de-armand(les paul config). problem is in the middle position, only one pick up(the neck) works. I've been wiring this guitar for 2 weeks now, and after tons of problem with static and other crap, it's finally working to some extent.

this is the wiring diagram i followed but just soldered the white and red of the bridge together

Hand-crafted electric guitar pickups, acoustic guitar pickups, bass pickups and pedals. Helping musicians find their signature sound since 1976.

Re: guys need help quickly

So you do or don't want a coil split?

Comment

Originally posted by incubus182
      wired up my friend's de-armand(les paul config). problem is in the middle position, only one pick up(the neck) works. I've been wiring this guitar for 2 weeks now, and after tons of problem with static and other crap, it's finally working to some extent.

this is the wiring diagram i followed but just soldered the white and red of the bridge together

http://www.seymourduncan.com/website...way-w-spl.html
      Does the bridge pup cut in and out if you lightly wiggle the selector switch back and forth, if so you toggle switch is crap. If it's an open style leaft blade type, then take the switch out and gently bend the metal leaf contacts back so they both make contact with the ones in the middle (one on each side) when the switch is in the middle. You can also clean the contacts a bit by drawing an emery board (ask the wife) between the blades to clean them, after bending them to make contact.Some of the cheaper switches get a bit *sprained* if you leave them in the neck or bridge position for long periods of time (I always store mine in the middle position).
      If you have an enclosed switch, it's probably cheap import, and you can't get to anything, so trash can it, after finding a replacement, Stew-mac has a ton, the more expensive ones will last longer than the cheaper ones ... see note on storage position.
      ::::To sound reinforcement engineer::::
      ... What? ... ::::snicker:::: ...Yes, ... Right, ...
      Could we please have everything louder than everything else ? ...

Comment

thanks will try it out

Comment

Working...
        X