Did I order the right pups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did I order the right pups?

Hello! I wanted new pickups for my Agile doublecut, so based on feedback at Harmony Central, I ordered an Alnico II Pro for the neck and a Pearly Gates for the bridge.

As I explained over there, sometimes I strum folk tunes, and sometimes I want to jam along with Luther Allison, Santana, or Freddie King.

Then I found this forum, so I have to ask you tone aficianados: did I order the right pickups?

Thanks, DZ

Re: Did I order the right pups?

Yes, I think you have a nice combo. It's not an usual combo to start with (or maybe you're already into pickup swapping). But it will suit you fine.
    Edwards Jimmy Page, Fender AmDlx Strat, PRS CE24, Edwards E-FV, AGILE Valkyrie Double-neck, Ibanez EP9. Metroamp 50w, Fender SFSR, Blackstar HT40 VP

Comment

That's a great combo, I don't really think you can go wrong for the styles your playing.

Comment

yeah!! It sounds great to me! i think you are going to have serious fun with that combo...

Comment

Thanks friends! The pups have shipped and now I just have to hope Tracy Longo gets home soon so he can install them for me, level the frets and install a bone nut! DZ

Comment

I recently installed that combination into a Brian Moore i21 and I'm having a great time with it! The two pickups definitely have different characters, but it's nice to be able to bridge the gap from very warm to rather bright. It makes the tone control "useful" over a wider area of its range. The single coil tones are nice and crisp too. Definitely gets you into that "Santana" neighborhood.

Brett
            Hamer XT Sunburst Archtop Flame- Phat Cats; Hamer Sunburst Archtop Quilted- Jazz(n)/Pearly Gates(b); Brian Moore i21 - Alnico 2 Pro(n)/Pearly Gates(b); Tex Mex Strat - Classic Stack(n)/Lil' 59(b); Carvin DC135T - used oval HotRails(n)/CustomCustom(b); '68 Gibson ES-335 - Jazz(b); RI Fender Bass VI (bari-electric Hot Rails bridge?); Standard Tele-Ash(SE)pickups?

Comment

Working...
            X