X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Warmest , Smoothest production model humbucker

Comment

It'll cover a lot of ground for sure. It'll be open and airy with smooth highs and bigger mids, than say, a 59. The thing with the Seth is, you'l hear a LOT of your guitar coming through this pickup, which may or may not be a bad thing, depending on you tastes. I had a SH-55 set in my Epi Sheraton and you could hear a lot of the wood coming through.
      Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

is that good or bad in an alder strat?

Comment

I just got my APH bridge last monday. It is so soooooo smooth and warm. Unless I don't quite understand what everyone calls a loose bottom I think it is more tight than a JB on my setup. The mids are great (more than what I'm used to) I can actually turn the mids down from 10! The highs are so smooth it makes your runs not jump but FLOW out of the amp. I say give it a try.

Luke
          “That which we do for ourselves dies with us … that which we do for others lives forever.”

Comment

Originally posted by Luke Duke
            I just got my APH bridge last monday. It is so soooooo smooth and warm. Unless I don't quite understand what everyone calls a loose bottom I think it is more tight than a JB on my setup. The mids are great (more than what I'm used to) I can actually turn the mids down from 10! The highs are so smooth it makes your runs not jump but FLOW out of the amp. I say give it a try.

Luke
            Not to hijak this thread, but how does that a2pro go in pretty high gain situations in the bridge? Is it a definite slash vibe, and does it stay smooth and warm?

Im sure this is beneficial to the thread
            My Soundclick page.

Comment

My suggestion to you t-wolf before you buy NE thing. Go see if you cant find a guitar that already has some of the p-ups ur interested in in it. Prefereably one close to or the same as the wood type and so on as ur guitar. I got a 59 for my neck and a JB for my bridge on my epi special 2 and well I will be honest with you.....sound clips will not tell you how those p-ups will sound in YOUR guitar through YOUR rig. I know for me I was somewhat dissapointed. Though I can't really complain. ANYTHING was better than the pickups that come stock with that guitar......blech!
              Last edited by Creedis777; 08-16-2004, 02:00 AM.

Comment

You're absolutely right, the soundclips really dont tell you much, only sortof a way to compare them to one another.
                My Soundclick page.

Comment

Originally posted by t-wolf21
                  is that good or bad in an alder strat?

That depends. Are you in love wit the way your guitar sounds unplugged and want to get that same vibe thru your amp? If so, a transparent pickup would be a good thing.
                  Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

The breed and the Riio grande BBq are other good options.
                    PRS McCarty (59n, 59b)
                    1990 Fender Strat Japan (SSL-1, SSL-1, APS-1)

Orange Dual Terror Head
                    Blackstar HT-5
                    2 Fender 12" Cabs with Celestion G12H30, Vintage 30
                    Vox Pathfiinder 15R

Comment

Working...
                    X