banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

neck match for little '59 for telecaster - any suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• neck match for little '59 for telecaster - any suggestions?

I have a little 59 in the bridge of my tele. I got it as a gift and was pleasantly suprised by the sound - it probably wouldn't have been my first choice, but now that it's in there, I like it a lot. Now I'm not sure what to put in the neck position. The package for the little 59 suggests either a vintage stack or a hot neck. I'm looking for other suggestions. I don't mind routing for a larger pickup.

I'm not certain what kind of sound I want to get from this guitar. I was happily surprised by the '59, so I don't mind taking a chance on something unconventional in the neck position. I'm playing mostly blues and some rock and punk, but I'm sure I will get into other styles as well as I learn more (but I will probably buy more guitars as well, so my tele doesn't have to be able to do every style)

I thought of maybe a p90 or the cool rails strat pickup. How are these going to match with the '59? I notice that these all have ceramic rods. Somewhere on the website it says that ceramic will make for a bright sounding pickup. Maybe I should avoid putting those in an alder body telecaster? The description of the cool rails is a bit confusing. In one spot it decribes it as being warm and bluesy. In another spot it says it is clear and bright. These would seem to be contradictory descriptions. It certainly sounds warm on the mp3 sample.

What do you think?

Re: neck match for little '59 for telecaster - any suggestions?

Rout it out and put afull sixe 59 at the neck. That'll do rock all day.
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Working...
    X