pot value for vintage tele lead stack and vintage tele rhythm stack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pot value for vintage tele lead stack and vintage tele rhythm stack

will a 250K do it? ... or do i need to go to 500K 'cus they're humbuckers?

thanks
    t4d
    gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Re: pot value for vintage tele lead stack and vintage tele rhythm stack

I like 500k pots with the Fender Noiseless, though I'm not sure about the Duncan Stacks.
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

bump
      gear list in profile

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

T4D, I don't really know, but based on their higher DCR (impedance also)I would go with the 500K. As you can always turn down the tone a bit if to bright, but you can't put back what isn't there any longer (reverse situation, not bright enough).
        ::::To sound reinforcement engineer::::
        ... What? ... ::::snicker:::: ...Yes, ... Right, ...
        Could we please have everything louder than everything else ? ...

Comment

I have the Hot Stack Tele bridge and the Vintage Stack Tele neck in my Tele with the stock 250k pots and the guitar sounds perfect. I think 500k pots will leave you far too bright.
          www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
          www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
          http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Comment

thanks guys

i appreciate the help

cheers
            t4d
            gear list in profile

Comment

i would use 250k. 500k seems like they would be way too bright.
              Cleveland Guitars

Comment

I just got the Vintage Tele Stack Lead bridge pu put in my MIM tele and it sounds great with the stock pots.

Comment

Working...
                X