Strat pups with a CC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strat pups with a CC

Ok, I'm mainly just daydreaming right now since I still haven't even bought the JD/APS-1/Phat Cat combo for my Tele yet. But, I've been lusting after this guitar, because it's cheap, cool, and seems to be decent enough for upgrades.

If I get it, I'm thinking about trying a CC in the bridge and then maybe a pair of Little '59s in the other positions. What do y'all think? Would a CC sound good in it? What would you put in the neck and middle to go with the CC?
    "Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive."
    - C.S. Lewis

I'd go with the Texas Hots so you've got a really versital axe. Good rock tones, great blues tones, great clean tones. If you wanted warmer a set of the APS's in the middle, neck.
    My Sound Clips

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_H
      I'd go with the Texas Hots so you've got a really versital axe. Good rock tones, great blues tones, great clean tones. If you wanted warmer a set of the APS's in the middle, neck.
      Another vote from me on the Texas Hots...
      Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Sounds cool tone wise, but wouldn't there be a HUGE volume difference between the Texas Hots and the CC?
        "Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive."
        - C.S. Lewis

Comment

WOW great deals! Can anybody vouch for the quality of these guitars though? I've heard of Rondo, but haven't heard anything about them.
          Ibanez RG1570: stock
          Squier Strat: stock

Next on the list: an amp that isn't crap!

Comment

Working...
          X