pickups for fingerpicking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pickups for fingerpicking

I'd like to know what pickups would be good in a les paul for folk/ country finger picking styles ala chet atkins. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Re: pickups for fingerpicking

Chet Atkins when he played Gretsches? I'd go with either the TV Jones TV'tron or the SD Phat Cat. If you want his sound after he switched to Gibby's, the Seth Lover set is hard to beat.
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Jazz's.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjy_26
        Chet Atkins when he played Gretsches? I'd go with either the TV Jones TV'tron or the SD Phat Cat. If you want his sound after he switched to Gibby's, the Seth Lover set is hard to beat.
        I am looking into the normal line of humbuckers of either SD's or DMZ's. The TV Jones and Phat Cats are a bit out of my price range. On part of seymour duncans, i am looking at a jazz set or a set of stag mags and on part of dimarzio, the ej customs or humbucker from hell. The ej customs have me intrigued but i'd like to hear some sound clips or read some reviews which don't exist at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauleo
          I am looking into the normal line of humbuckers of either SD's or DMZ's. The TV Jones and Phat Cats are a bit out of my price range. On part of seymour duncans, i am looking at a jazz set or a set of stag mags and on part of dimarzio, the ej customs or humbucker from hell. The ej customs have me intrigued but i'd like to hear some sound clips or read some reviews which don't exist at the moment.

The TV Jones pickups are a bit pricey, but the Phat Cat can be had for about the same coin as a Jazz or 59. I'm interested in the EJ Cutom from Dimarzio as well. It's supposed to make a LP sound like a Gretsch, but I've heard very little about them from players.
          Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Working...
          X