How to identify my Seymour Ducans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to identify my Seymour Ducans

Is there a place where I can go to identify the model of my older Seymour Duncan pickups. I have some older P90's and a telecaster bridge pickup from the 80's. How can I find out what they are?

There should be an identifying label on the bottom of each pu. You can check them here........

Hand-crafted electric guitar pickups, acoustic guitar pickups, bass pickups and pedals. Helping musicians find their signature sound since 1976.
    GUITARS
    STRATS: Custom Strat - Lil 59/Classic Stack/Hot Stack, Jackson Fusion - C5/JB Jr/JB Jr, Kramer Pacer Custom - CC/SSL-1/SSL-1, Schecter V-1 Plus - C5/SSL-6/SSL-6, VH1 Strat - 59, Fender Partsocaster - C/PG hybrids

LESTERS: Edwards Sykes Custom - DD/DD, Edwards Custom V/white - JB/59, Burny Floyd Rose Les Paul
    AMPS
    Engl Screamer 50 combo + V112 Cab, Splawn Competition, Marshall 1982A & 1982B, Marshall 1960A.

Comment

I have what appears to be a tele "Hot Lead" but it doesn't have any sticker on the bottom. Again, it is from about 1980 so maybe that is before they did stickers.

The P-90's do have stickers. They are 1N and 1B. The identification chart didn't include P-90's. The chart did however use these numbers for mini-humbuckers. These are definately single coil pickups. I am ready to put them in a guitar, but I want to make sure they are not the Hot P-90's since I am into vintage blues.

Can anyone confirm what a 1N and 1B P-90 is.

Comment

Just give them a try, who cares what they are, they'll surely sound good

Comment

Originally posted by Surgeon
          Just give them a try, who cares what they are, they'll surely sound good
          Yeah, your probably right. I just have a bunch of higher gain stuff laying around from my metal days. Now I am into low gain 1940's and 1950's blues and I like using lower output pickups. If they are the hot pickups, they won't work for my music. That is why I will be selling the Tele Hot Lead and going for the "Broadcaster" or something more vintage. I love Duncan pickups but want to make sure I get the "right" Duncans for my style.

Comment

Hey, straightblues, I just checked my old Duncan catalogue and can confirm that 1B and 1N are the vintage soapbars.
            GUITARS
            STRATS: Custom Strat - Lil 59/Classic Stack/Hot Stack, Jackson Fusion - C5/JB Jr/JB Jr, Kramer Pacer Custom - CC/SSL-1/SSL-1, Schecter V-1 Plus - C5/SSL-6/SSL-6, VH1 Strat - 59, Fender Partsocaster - C/PG hybrids

LESTERS: Edwards Sykes Custom - DD/DD, Edwards Custom V/white - JB/59, Burny Floyd Rose Les Paul
            AMPS
            Engl Screamer 50 combo + V112 Cab, Splawn Competition, Marshall 1982A & 1982B, Marshall 1960A.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocker35
              Hey, straightblues, I just checked my old Duncan catalogue and can confirm that 1B and 1N are the vintage soapbars.
              Thanks for your help I really appreciate it!!!!!

Comment

yup you got the vintage models, very ncie sounding pups!

Comment

Yeah I am glad I have the right ones.

What is the tele Hot worth? I will need to exchange it for something a little tamer. I think the Broadcaster will do me for blues.

Comment

not sure, check ebay to see what they have gone for

Comment

Working...
                    X