banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what pickup combo will make me sound like this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what pickup combo will make me sound like this?

i got an epiphone sg (alder body, mahogany neck) coming and i was going to put some seymour duncans in it. i was planning on doin a jb/jazz or jb/59 combo.

i dont know much about guitar pickups because this will be my first guitar.
    which seymour duncan humbucker combo would make me sound closest to the lead guitar in this song
    youll have to right click and hit save as
    The early bird catches the worm and the twelve-year-old prostitute attracts the ambassador.

Re: what pickup combo will make me sound like this?

the link doesn't work... what's the band?
    • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
    • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
    • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
    • G&L Tribute Comanche
    • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
    • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
    • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

the link worked fine for me?

anyway the song is "i think i can" by The Pillows. they are some japanese band........i cant understand them but for some reason i like their music

thanks
      The early bird catches the worm and the twelve-year-old prostitute attracts the ambassador.

Comment

Direct linking not allowed..

You have to take the actual URL (http://www.angelfire.com/scary/cowboy_dan/can.mp3) and PASTE it into your Address bar, then press enter.

It's to prevent linking of pictures, etc.
        Originally posted by Kanye West
        Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Comment

thanks, thats why i normally say right click save as. that works too.

angelfire is a *****

Comment

how'd I know it'd be the pillows Nice avatar by the way... (flcl is the reason I started playing electric a few years back... even bought an EB-0! Not enough money for a rick )I get a very nice pillows tone out of my Duncan Distortion, if that means anything.
            dan

(I have avatars and sigs turned off. Do you?)

Comment

Originally posted by danglybanger
              how'd I know it'd be the pillows Nice avatar by the way... (flcl is the reason I started playing electric a few years back... even bought an EB-0! Not enough money for a rick )I get a very nice pillows tone out of my Duncan Distortion, if that means anything.
              dan
              thanks!
              haha dude...........i was thinking about getting an eb-0 too rofl.

Comment

If you get an EB0, I'd save up a bit for a vintage Gibson. My epiphone played well at first, then basically fell apart (literally) after about a year... and I'm not rough with my instruments at all (My basswood Jag and Schecter don't even have dings yet... or maybe I'm not trying hard enough ) Then again, Epiphones seem to be of variable quality... my friend's Thunderbird bass held up quite nicely.
                dan

(I have avatars and sigs turned off. Do you?)

Comment

Working...
                X