5 Way switch question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 Way switch question

hey, hows everyone doin? I got a question for you guys. Im wiring this guitar, its a strat with 3 hums. The switch im using is a switch i salvaged from a squier affinity strat. Anyone have a wiring diagram for this setup for standard strat switching? The switch has 8 terminals, all on one side. I know the top 3 are where the wires for each pickup go, and the other wire for each pikcup is grounded. Wheres the hot output? I have a concentric pot (two pots in one hole), and i want to set this guitar up so theres a master volume and 3 individual tones. Anyone have any helpful wiring diagrams?

Re: 5 Way switch question

you can probably find something on the Fender site... don't they have schematics?
    • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
    • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
    • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
    • G&L Tribute Comanche
    • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
    • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
    • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

um....those types of switches are almost impossible to get unless you have a multimeter. The cheap Fender switches are different from the cheap Squire switches and the no name switches are different from both, it's just a big mess. Go to your local shop and get a new switch for 12 bucks, and you'll have something you KNOW will last. Then, once you get that, PM Kent S. He's the best electronics wiring diagram dude I know. Best of luck to ya man.
      This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Comment

Originally posted by beandip
        Then, once you get that, PM Kent S. He's the best electronics wiring diagram dude I know. Best of luck to ya man.
        Actually, once you find out how your switch works, or get another, it would be better to still post the question in the forum. Both me and Kent, (and perhaps others), are getting quite a few PM's and emails asking for custom diagrams. Don't get me wrong, I love helping folks out, and so does Kent, but often, its the same question asked, and by posting in the forum, one question and drawing, may answer 10 folks questions.

I've actually got three people on pins-and-needles, waiting for diagrams, just 'cause I've gotten behind.

Comment

Dude, Sorry Artie, I forgot you were an electronics wiz too, and not just a guy obsessed with Peavey guitars
          This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Comment

Working...
          X