banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did I screw something up when I soldered?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did I screw something up when I soldered?

I have been practicing my soldering a little and decided to desolder the wires on a couple of pots on my Ibanez GAX70 and solder them back. The first one I did with no problem, worked great. The second one I did was the same as the first but now I get nothing out of the pickup. Could I have messed up the pot somehow? I used desoldering braid to remove the solder and followed all the steps to solder it back. They were the same and the first one I did is fine but the second one isn't. Any ideas? At least I'm doing it on a $200 guitar and not a $500 one.

Re: Did I screw something up when I soldered?

Well I just did it again and everything is fine. Guess it wasn't getting a good enough connection. My solders arn't the best looking but they work. Soldering isn't as hard as it looks. I'm glad people on here gave my the confidence to try it out for myself.

Comment

Re: Did I screw something up when I soldered?

I don't like soldering. ive got a Washburn WG587 that i am replacing the pick-ups on, along with a fender five way switch and TBX tone control, lots
      of soldering to do, the rewards (the sound) i would say though, is worth all the foul lanugage that soldering entails!!!!!
      Ibanez RG1570 Dimarzio PAF Joe, MoJoe and Fast track1, Aria PE DLX (stock)

Comment

Working...
      X