A2pro bridge under high gain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A2pro bridge under high gain?

I know this has been discussed before, possibly by me as well, but i cant remember and im just recently getting seriously interested in the possibilities of an a2pro set for my les paul.

I know the neck one would be sweet as and sounds great! But how does the bridge sound?

I wouldnt really be using the bridge for anything other than gain stuff, and would love to get some sort of a slash type tone...the heavier stuff of his anyway. I particularly love his tone on the velvet revolver song slither, i think that sounds awesome! But i heard some people saying that their a2pro bridge pickups were too thin and shrill and stuff...then on the other hand there are many that say they are so very smooth and warm...so which one???

And how are they under high gain, can they still do nice thick chunky stuff with enough amp distortion, or do they sound kinda thin?
    My Soundclick page.

Re: A2pro bridge under high gain?

Click on my soundclips down in my sig. There is an APH clean to dirty clip, and the NOS Pre-Amp Tube Shootout. Both of those use the APH bridge in my Dean Hardtail. I have not found the APH to be thin and shrill at all. It helps to have it in a beefy guitar for sure, but in my experience it does very well under high gain.
    My Sound Clips

Comment

Re: A2pro bridge under high gain?

Oh well, its going to be going into a les paul standard, i take it that would be classed as a pretty beefy guitar

Thanks Jeff i long ago downloaded your stuff, and it all sounds terrific!
      My Soundclick page.

Comment

Working...
      X