banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ceramic Magnets or Alnico Magnets? WHich do you prefer and Why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ceramic Magnets or Alnico Magnets? WHich do you prefer and Why?

Seems like a pretty difficult question to answer. The magnet is only a small part of the tone of a pup. A Custom sounds a lot different from an Invader doesn't it? I tend to think it's all about the wiring design. I experiment with magnets, sure. But I don't think it matters what magnet you "prefer" since they'll all sound very different in different pickups.
    Originally posted by Pink Unicorn Horsey
    Dumbness on massive idiocy with the stupid dumb-dumbnity of ridiculous WTFation in the dumbass of you-idiot.
    Originally posted by Sosomething
    "How do I improve the tone of my ThrasherKidzz-O-Blaster combo??"

The answer is always "burn it, dumbass."

Comment

alnico dude, ive tried the crappy gibson 500T in the flying V and the 57 classics in an sg, and the classics just blow them away. I really don't believe in ultra hardcore high gain, since you can get that with any pup through a high gain amp. I think People just tend to get too obsessed with high gain and super metal, and think that that need that extra crunch
      2004 50th Anniversary Deluxe American Strat, SETH-N BRIDGE, ANT 2 SURFER MIDDLE, ANT 2 DLX MINI HUM NECK

280K RS guitarworks volume pot, 250k cts tone pots, .047uf paper in oil Jensen aluminum capacitor, running D'addario Chromes 13's with wound g > Analogman Orange Juicer>Acoustic 200H Bass head> Alesis Picoverb> unknown 12'' JBL Orange car speaker

Comment

Originally posted by Quencho092
        alnico dude, ive tried the crappy gibson 500T in the flying V and the 57 classics in an sg, and the classics just blow them away. I really don't believe in ultra hardcore high gain, since you can get that with any pup through a high gain amp. I think People just tend to get too obsessed with high gain and super metal, and think that that need that extra crunch
        I actually love the 500T. I think it is the best ceramic magnet p-up made. I like customs, but they just dont do what the 500T can. Just my humble opinion.

Comment

Alnico magnets are sweet sounding...Ceramics are strong,direct,and in your face,also aggressive...

I just prefer Alnico magnets everytime to ceramics..
          Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Working...
          X