Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickups/Routing for a Am. Dlx. Fat Strat

Hey everyone-

I was wondering what pickups to use in my strat (a 2001) to get a les paul/good strat sounds -- right now I have the Vintage Noiseless pickups which totally blow. I mainly play classic rock/blues/punk and wanted something a little more edgy for the punk/rock. I was thinking about some kinda humbucker in the bridge (sense thats whats in there now), and a single coil neck and middle. Any suggestions? Also I'm not sure if routing would need to be done to the guitar, but I would imagine that the answer is no sense I already have a SSH configuration.
    Matthew W. Gutierrez

Re: Pickups/Routing for a Am. Dlx. Fat Strat

Welcome to the Forum!

I'm not sure if you can make a Strat sound exactly like a Paul, but you can make it fatter than stock for sure. I personally love the way the Custom Custom trembucker sounds at the bridge of a strat. It has lots of mids, high output, and rounded highs. It sounds really fat. If you don't mind noise from real singles, a pair of APS's would rock. If you want a completely noiseless combo, go with a pair of Classic Stacks for a real strat sound with no hum. Add a push/pull pot for series/parallel wiring for the CC (to blend better in the bridge/middle position), and you'll have a better all around sounding strat with the option of having a hot humbucker sound at the bridge, and when in paralle, plenty of cluck in the in between positions.

BTW, I REALLY don't like the Fender Vintage Noiseless either.
    Last edited by Benjy_26; 08-17-2004, 12:34 PM. Reason: thought of additional pertinent points.
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Re: Pickups/Routing for a Am. Dlx. Fat Strat

59 TREMBUCKER in the bridge or PG+
      SSL1s or APS2s in the neck and middle...

Very versatile setup covering blues,rock,and newer styles...Or....CC in the bridge with a push/pull pot for series/split tones..

John
      Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Working...
      X