banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 Single-Coil Openings: What Should I Put In?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Single-Coil Openings: What Should I Put In?

K. I'm most likely getting a Jackson DK2 (hum/single/single) and I will probably put a DiMarzio Super 3 in the bridge. What I'm unsure of is the 2 single mid and neck spots. What are some suggestions for them? Maybe a Lil' 59 in the neck and a Hot Rail in the middle??? Or maybe a cool rail in the neck???

Some feeback would be awesome.

Thanks.
    :firing: :cop:

:headbang:

Re: 2 Single-Coil Openings: What Should I Put In?

two coolrails, two hotrails, two qp's. I know nothing about Jacksons, but I really think that a hotrail in the neck and a coolrail in the mid would be pretty nice sounding.
    This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Comment

Re: 2 Single-Coil Openings: What Should I Put In?

I've got a Hot Rails/Cool Rails/Distortion set in my Charvel 650xl. It is definitely my best sounding axe. The same settup would sound killer in your DK2. The Hot Rails will give you some of the best shred metal leads you've ever heard. The Cool Rails tones it down a bit for some hard rock/bluesy sounds. And I always say that the Distortion is the best metal riffing pickup ever.
      Everything in this post is the sole opinion of the author. The author makes no claims that his word is final, only that the opinions expressed are those of the author and any similiarities to the opinions of others is purely coincidental.

Comment

Working...
      X