pickups for jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pickups for jackson

What pickup should I put in a Jackson DK-2 Dinky. It's made of Alder, has a floyd rose, humbucking bridge pickup and single coil mid and neck pickups. I'm going for a metal sound with the bridge but I want the neck pickup to be a lighter/less crazy sounding and I never use the middle pickup so whatever. I've heard the Duncan Distortion is great for the bridge but I was just wondering if any of you had any good suggestions?
    woooooo

duncan distortion is great

anyone who thinks otherwise is full of totall

Comment

Re: pickups for jackson

Originally posted by rraawwrr
      What pickup should I put in a Jackson DK-2 Dinky. It's made of Alder, has a floyd rose, humbucking bridge pickup and single coil mid and neck pickups. I'm going for a metal sound with the bridge but I want the neck pickup to be a lighter/less crazy sounding and I never use the middle pickup so whatever. I've heard the Duncan Distortion is great for the bridge but I was just wondering if any of you had any good suggestions?
      try a duncan CUSTOM TB-5 for a real ballsy,good toned pup in a jackson.
      i have one in my DK and it SMOKES so much so i put it in a ibanez RG as well

Duncan Custom™

SH-5/TB-5 -- Beef up the sound of the Patent Applied For pickup and you get a hard-driving, kicking sound with just the right balance of power, sustain, and distortion. This pickup cuts through with a distinctive high end and midrange attack. Available in black, zebra (cream & black), reverse zebra and white as well as the following colors at no extra charge -- red, red & black, pink, green, light blue, dark blue & yellow.
      Recommended for bridge position. Four conductor cable, with traditional or Trembucker spacing. Also for 7-string guitars

Comment

i think either of those, the sh5 custom or sh6 distortion will work well for ya. the custom isnt as hot but has a little more articulate sound, the distortion has a nice thick mid range, a screaming top end and lots of output.

for the neck id say a cool rails. the cool rails will match up well output wise and works well for clean tones

Comment

can't go wrong with the JB, custom or distortion!!!!!!!!!!! and the cool rails are nice !
          Wayne Rock-legend #143 Jazz/JB
          Suhr OD-50
          Suhr 4x12" Vintage 30's

"Bradshaw" Moded Crybaby, Majik Box Rocket Fuel

Comment

I'd consider a C5 in the bridge position. I dropped one in my Jackson and it's great!! My fave pickup at the moment for Floyd equipped guitars. To me it gives back some of the low end that the guitar loses because of the Floyd.
            Also, a big thumbs up for the Cool Rails in the neck position. Again, I've got one in my Jackson and together with the C5, is a great combo.
            GUITARS
            STRATS: Custom Strat - Lil 59/Classic Stack/Hot Stack, Jackson Fusion - C5/JB Jr/JB Jr, Kramer Pacer Custom - CC/SSL-1/SSL-1, Schecter V-1 Plus - C5/SSL-6/SSL-6, VH1 Strat - 59, Fender Partsocaster - C/PG hybrids

LESTERS: Edwards Sykes Custom - DD/DD, Edwards Custom V/white - JB/59, Burny Floyd Rose Les Paul
            AMPS
            Engl Screamer 50 combo + V112 Cab, Splawn Competition, Marshall 1982A & 1982B, Marshall 1960A.

Comment

Cutom 5 is my first choice, then Custom, then JB.
              Originally posted by Boogie Bill
              I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Duncan Custom for Balls, Duncan Distortin For Aggression, JB for a nice versatile Mix
                Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

I've replaced the JB in my SL1 Soloist with a Custom. Very aggressive tone through my Tremoverb. I just switched to a Custom 5 and that's working well for that guitar. I can crank the mids and get where the Custom was. The C5 has a sweeter clean tone to me. I have a Dinky carve top that I put a CC in the bridge but I'm going to experiment with the Custom and the JB. The Dinky has a '59 in the neck and the SL1 has Fender Texas Specials in it currently. I did not like the Duncan STk-1 stacks at all. Very streile sounding(like most stacked noisleless designs). I have a set of SSL1's that I'm going to try also.
                  I think you can't go wrong with any of the Custom family. The Cool rails may be a good choice for the neck if hum is a problem. I prefer real single coils though as I have played strats for years and I'm use to them and love the tone.

Fenders: '69 CS Strat; Hwy1 Strat SSL2's, SSL3T;CP Jaguar
                  Gibsons: LP DC STD Seth & Brobucker; LP STD Plus PGn & CC; (2)ES-335's; LP R7 Custom SNS & C4; LP '68 Custom '59A4 & C5; LP Trad 2014 PG & SNS; Explorer PG & C4; SG Std '57 & BB3;
                  Jacksons: SL2H w/DMZ AN & Super D; DK1 w/59 & C5; Dinky Elite, DK2 w/AN & AZ, RR5FR
                  Marshall 2550 Silver Jubilee; JMP 2203, Vox AC15C1; Gibson Super Goldtone GA30RV; Suhr CAA-OD100SE+, CAA PT100; Fender Vibrolux Reverb

Comment

Working...
                  X