Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HB suggestion needed

Greetings!

I need a good HB suggestion for my Epiphone Sheraton II. I want something that will scream in the bridge, but be warm/mellow in the neck.

Thanks!

Re: HB suggestion needed

I loved the Seth Lover set in my Epi Sheraton. They are not high output, but can get very aggressive with the right amp.

BTW, Welcome to the Forum!
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply, and the welcome! Perhaps I should be looking at something with a little more high output, though?

Comment

That depends on your rig and style of music, and of course, your ears.

Comment

I was told that a '59 in the bridge with a Custom 5 in the neck would be a good combo.

Comments? When I record, it's direct with a POD -- live it's with a JCM-800. I want it to rock out (anything from classic rock to metal), but I like to also flick to the neck for a warm, full sound for clean jazz. I don't know if the two sounds are reconciliable in one guitar or not... that's why I'm here before I make my purchase

Comment

The C5 would work better in the bridge and the 59 at the neck. I'm not too fond of Alnico V pickups in semi's, the all maple construction combined with the design might make the guitar brighter than say, a LP with the same pickups.

A comparable combo would be the Seth at the neck(for your Jazz and cleans) and the CC at the brdige. I think that Lew has this combo in a semi and says he likes it, maybe he'll chime in.

Comment

Well, I decided on two SH-1 '59's. I hear that putting them in a semi-hollow body guitar is a difficult task. I thought it would simply be a matter of swapping the Epi's with the new ones. Should I let the shop do this one?

Comment

Working...
              X