• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought a Duncan Distortion today!

I´ve bought a SH-6 today, for an:

Alder body
    maple-neck
    Rosewood-fingerboard Floyd Rose equipped guitar.

I want a great "power chord" sound and a harmonic-rich lead tone that can cut through for rock and metal solos without sounding shrill on the high notes

What do you think about it? I´m right with this.

PD: sorry for my "newbie" question.
    It´s so sweet...

Re: Bought a Duncan Distortion today!

The distortion is a great pickup. For what you want I think you've made a good choice. I have really been a fan of the lower output pups for quite a while now, but I just picked up a Hamer with a Duncan Designed Distortion set in it, and the bride absolutely rocks. Mega crunch and sustain. Makes those simple A and E power chords shake the room.

I think you made a great choice.
    My Sound Clips

Comment

Ah, the Distortion. My favorite pickup. I love it so much in fact, that I have 3 extra ones lying around waiting to be put into guitars that I haven't bought yet. It is without a doubt the best metal riffing pickup ever. You will not be sorry.
      Everything in this post is the sole opinion of the author. The author makes no claims that his word is final, only that the opinions expressed are those of the author and any similiarities to the opinions of others is purely coincidental.

Comment

Originally posted by Travis
        Ah, the Distortion. My favorite pickup. I love it so much in fact, that I have 3 extra ones lying around waiting to be put into guitars that I haven't bought yet. It is without a doubt the best metal riffing pickup ever. You will not be sorry.

What makes it better than a lowermidscooped dimarzio superdistortion?

Comment

Honestly, I have not tried the Super Distortion. The only Dimarzios I have tried are the Evolution, Breed, (Vai's signature guitars) Paf Pro, Fred, (Satriani's guitars) and the custom Dimarzios in the John Petrucci and EVH signature guitars. I have just always preferred Duncans over Dimarzios and the Distortion just seems to fit right with my playing style. I prefer it over the JB and Custom in the bridge and I'm awaiting a guitar to try the neck model.
          Everything in this post is the sole opinion of the author. The author makes no claims that his word is final, only that the opinions expressed are those of the author and any similiarities to the opinions of others is purely coincidental.

Comment

Originally posted by theboatcandream

I didn't find that pickup to be lower mid scooped at all. Actually scooped is the last word I'd use to describe that pickup...

Comment

Originally posted by theboatcandream
              i recently owned both a older 80's DD and a new dimarzio SD.
              the Duncan was much more musical to my ears and had more balls

Comment

Originally posted by ranalli
                I didn't find that pickup to be lower mid scooped at all. Actually scooped is the last word I'd use to describe that pickup...

No no no. I mean, a dimarzio superdistortion accompanied by a 10 band equalizer with an 8 decible scoop at 320hz to eliminate those nasty midrange harmonics.

Comment

I like the Duncan Distortion a lot. It has a nice compressed sound for the harder rock stuff, and it's actually kind of nice and jangly when clean.
                  Here are a couple of tunes that I did with the DD.

DD, Les Paul, Marshall JMP

DD/59n, Les Paul, Marshall JMP
                  My Duncan demos and songs

Comment

Stevo....that Distortion sounds fantastic. Got one laying around you want to get rid of?
                    My Sound Clips

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo
                      I like the Duncan Distortion a lot. It has a nice compressed sound for the harder rock stuff, and it's actually kind of nice and jangly when clean.
                      Here are a couple of tunes that I did with the DD.

DD, Les Paul, Marshall JMP

DD/59n, Les Paul, Marshall JMP

Sweet sounds! People have been telling me their only good for full out metal, but that doesn't sound like it's the case at all!

Comment

bump

Comment

Working...
                        X