Crunching pups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crunching pups

Iv'e done alot of research and im thing of putting an invader at the neck and dimebucker at the bridge for lead. i dont care about clean or soft tones i just need heavy crunching stuff. what do you guys think about EMG's compared to the above.

Thanks!
    l..l ROCK ON l..l

Re: Crunching pups

Well....an Invader and a Dimebucker will give you some serious crunch. If you are gonna go with EMG active pickups....try the Live Wires instead....those are even hotter than EMG's and they use 18volts instead of 9...crazy! I just stuck the heavy metal set into one of my guitars....it is pretty insane. That will get you some really intense crunch, as a metal head, you might be really into that.

Comment

Jessica I think you're loving hot pu's?!

I've found the Custom crunchy in the bridge but maybe the dime fits better your suits?!
      RG 550 [JB | SingleSizedHole(TM) | V1 (to be replaced)]
      TS 7 (modded)
      Hot Rod 50+ XL
      Framus Dragon 4x12
      V-AMP II for practice

Comment

Dime and Invader will be a serious combo, I don't think you'll be disappointed. Personally though, I would do a Dime and Distortion neck. I'm not a huge fan of the Invader pup. I've never tried EMG actives myself so no clue there.

Comment

jess, can you record that geetar of yours? i'd dearly like to hear them under some serious gain

Comment

I've always been a fan of the Distrotion. It has crunch out the ass. I've got a pair just waiting to be installed in another guitar. Of course, I have to get another guitar first.
            Everything in this post is the sole opinion of the author. The author makes no claims that his word is final, only that the opinions expressed are those of the author and any similiarities to the opinions of others is purely coincidental.

Comment

personally, my favorite pup for crunch is the jb. however, i play more rock crunch with it, so it might not be that brutal for you.

i know zerb loves his custom, and from his clips, it sounds pretty lethal.
              also, another member (with full distortion (his name)), has some killer friggin clips, and all he uses is cranked to sh*t amps, but i cant remember what pups he uses..dont think they are duncans actually
              esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
              fender mim standard strat
              peavey classic 30
              johnson j-station
              original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
              dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
              yamaha f-310p acoustic
              taylor 410 acoustic
              "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

I have nothing with which to record....the clip of the *****bucker was done by Stevo. But oh man, thats what you need metal head.....*****BUCKERS!!!! Those will whip your butt into shape!

Comment

Originally posted by Jessica
                  I have nothing with which to record....the clip of the *****bucker was done by Stevo. But oh man, thats what you need metal head.....*****BUCKERS!!!! Those will whip your butt into shape!
                  *****buckers rock
                  RG 550 [JB | SingleSizedHole(TM) | V1 (to be replaced)]
                  TS 7 (modded)
                  Hot Rod 50+ XL
                  Framus Dragon 4x12
                  V-AMP II for practice

Comment

what the hell is a *****bucker? lol
                    esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
                    fender mim standard strat
                    peavey classic 30
                    johnson j-station
                    original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
                    dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
                    yamaha f-310p acoustic
                    taylor 410 acoustic
                    "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
                    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

Originally posted by xerxes
                      what the hell is a *****bucker? lol
                      The *****bucker Thread.

I think these need to become part of SD's standard line-up.

Cut a contract with DaisyRock . . . call it the DaisyRock PMS . . .

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo
                        The *****bucker Thread.

I think these need to become part of SD's standard line-up.

Cut a contract with DaisyRock . . . call it the DaisyRock PMS . . .
                        Are you in marketing? 'Cause that's brilliant!

Comment

why not 2 livewires!!! lol sorry if that was a bad idea
                          There is no spoone
                          - The Matricks

Comment

I say you do the dist neck, and if you don't like something, remember the 21 day exchange policy.
                            `````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````````````````````````````````````````

Comment

Originally posted by LucidInterval
                              I say you do the dist neck, and if you don't like something, remember the 21 day exchange policy.
                              That's what I was going to say lol
                              • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
                              • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
                              • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
                              • G&L Tribute Comanche
                              • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
                              • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
                              • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

Working...
                              X