IDing magnet types

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IDing magnet types

Is there a way to tell just by looking what types are which?

A year ago or longer, I switched the ceramic in a Custom for a Alnico 5 I got from my JB. I never installed it, but it sat in a box. Since that time I aquired another Custom also sitting in the box. I can't tell them apart so I was wondering if the magnets have different markings. I seem to recall either a magic marker strip on one end of the magnet but not sure if I saw that or if it was mentioned here.

Any help would be appreciated as I want to install once as it is going in a semi hollow body and its going to be tricky enough removing the wriing harness and then re-installing it. Thanks for all replys.

Re: IDing magnet types

bump to the top

Comment

doesn't alnico and ceramic have another color?
      Or install both in a axe and make clips. I bet here enough people who can say which one is which! j/k
      RG 550 [JB | SingleSizedHole(TM) | V1 (to be replaced)]
      TS 7 (modded)
      Hot Rod 50+ XL
      Framus Dragon 4x12
      V-AMP II for practice

Comment

here are all infos you need, they have markings + the ceramic is black/dark grey
        RG 550 [JB | SingleSizedHole(TM) | V1 (to be replaced)]
        TS 7 (modded)
        Hot Rod 50+ XL
        Framus Dragon 4x12
        V-AMP II for practice

Comment

Thanks Marcel I bookmarked that site. I'll have to pick up one of those polarity testers from Stew Mac too. It's coming back to me as I recall removing the ceramic which had a red stripe on one edge. I don't recall it being black or much different colored than the Alnico 5 though.

Comment

Working...
          X