soldering in space

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• soldering in space

only tangentially(sp) related to pickups, but interesting perhaps to all my fellow pickup enthusiasts. =)

Re: soldering in space

Hmmm . . . there appears to be some air flow there driving it. Look at the smoke.

Comment

I can explain it! Since there is little gravity in space there. The center of gravity for the rosin is actually that blob of solder! As it get's heated more, it allows the rosin to be more liquified, therefore having less friction, allowing it to orbit faster! These guys are astronauts?
      ScreamingDaisy: I don't do sympathy. If you want sympathy, it can be found in the dictionary between sh*t and syphilis.

Comment

Originally posted by korinastratkyle
        I can explain it! Since there is little gravity in space there. The center of gravity for the rosin is actually that blob of solder! As it get's heated more, it allows the rosin to be more liquified, therefore having less friction, allowing it to orbit faster! These guys are astronauts?
        I don't buy that explanation, however the escaping gas from the solder/rosin does make sense as it expands from within the material with no outside compression to hold it. What causes the rotation of the rosin in the first place, was the craft turning an the time?
        ::::To sound reinforcement engineer::::
        ... What? ... ::::snicker:::: ...Yes, ... Right, ...
        Could we please have everything louder than everything else ? ...

Comment

That's really cool lol
          • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
          • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
          • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
          • G&L Tribute Comanche
          • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
          • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
          • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

Working...
          X