noise canceling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• noise canceling?

OK heres the deal, i play in a punk band and while looking for a new pickup for my strat i ended up choosing a hotrail to put in the bridge position. But the problem is im a novice at wiring schematics and i was siccessful at geting it to work but im not getting the noise canceling effect i was expecting. so if anyone knows the problem please reply?

im not quite sure what you mean by noise cancelling effect. the hot rails is a bucker so it wont have 60 cycle hum that single coils have if wired properly. the red and white wires should be connected and insulated so they dont contact anything else and ground out.
    what is the pup doing that you didnt expect it to?

Comment

its just buzzing through my amp kinda bad.

Comment

did you wire it up properly? you might be only using part of the pup (like a split humbucker)

I'd check that first
        Teenagers can't sing the Blues. They ain't fixin' to die yet. Adults sing the Blues. In Blues, "adulthood" means being old enough to get the electric chair if you shoot a man in Memphis.

Comment

Yeh, putting in the lil demon i forgot to connect one wire, cant remember which one but Waoh! was there buzzing!..

check your conections..also there probobly will be some buzzing anyway but that would be because a hot rail is alot hotter that a single coil as i found on mine so the reason is that its louder..
          Marshall JVM 410C
          Mesa Boogie DC-3
          ~2010 USA G&L Legacy Special/S-500 bastard-child, Tobaccoburst.
          1996 USA G&L Legacy, Honeyburst, SSS , Dimarzio Injector/Kinman AVn69/AVn69
          2007 USA Gibson LP Studio, Stock PUPs
          2005 USA EBMM Silhouette Special,Hardtail , Tobaccoburst,SSS Stock PUPs
          1999 USA Peavey Wolfgang,Flame Cherryburst Trem
          2005 MIM Fender Tele, Hotrails/Stock Neck
          1997 Yamaha Pacifica 812 EMGs

Comment

go back through your wiring and make sure that it is wired the way the schematic says it should be and then get back to us. someone will figure it out. i think only one coil is on myself but i can't be sure unless i would see the wiring. check the red and white wires first. make sure they are connected well and taped off. Good luck
            Cleveland Guitars

Comment

it might be your amp...
              Guitars:
              87' Gibson Les Paul Custom- Stock PUs
              86' Carvin V220- Super distortion neck, tonezone bridge....
              87' Cort Unknown Model, Modded- Dimarzio Super Distortion Bridge with Alnico V mag.

Amp:
              Bogner Ecstasy-stock Tubes
              Marshall JMP 50 watt- stock Tubes
              Fender Deluxe 90-Solid State..:-P

Comment

I have a hotrail in my strat (bridge)

and there is no buzzing whatsoever.
                It is very very quiet.

Make sure the signal is going from Hot into your one coil - then into the opposite end of the other coil, then into ground. (should be flowing through one coil, then through the other BUT in the other direction!) This is how you humcancel. Maybe you wired it up so that from one coil it goes to the other coil in the same direction... Thats why there is no humcancelling...

But generally there is NO HUM whatsoever with the hotrails...
                my youtubes Instagram Medium blog
                A few original tunes: "The Grand Eclipse" and "Timeless Moments"

Comment

the schematic that came with said somthing about splitting and i think thats the one i used, if anyone knows where to get a scematic on how to wire it with no-buzzing that would be a great help.

Comment

where did you wire the red/white wire connection

Comment

Working...
                    X