Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tired of this dimarzio pickup....

Hi everyone

I am tired of my Dimarzio Paf Classic's. Neck pickup it is nice but the bidge just doesn't sound right to me.

May be they would sound right in another type of guitar. I am thinking in use them with my Guild S-100.

Does anybody have any experience with them?

Re: tired of this dimarzio pickup....

bump

Comment

I've never used the classics but I have the PAF Pro and it's great IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by mongrollo
        Hi everyone

I am tired of my Dimarzio Paf Classic's. Neck pickup it is nice but the bidge just doesn't sound right to me.

May be they would sound right in another type of guitar. I am thinking in use them with my Guild S-100.

take off the cover first of all then take out the air bucker spacers it sounds much better this way

Comment

Originally posted by mongrollo
          Hi everyone

Further proof of my point! most of Dimarzio's buckers sound cool for like a month and then just....get boring! NEVER AGAIN!!!
          EBMM H-S-H Silhouette

Gibson Les Paul Studio

Fender MIM Stratocaster

Bogner Goldfinger 45 1x12 Combo

Comment

Originally posted by Maximusgordon 2.0
            Further proof of my point! most of Dimarzio's buckers sound cool for like a month and then just....get boring! NEVER AGAIN!!!

...maybe less time depending on the amp/guitar/pup configuration... but Dimarzio is still way better then alot of stock pups on low end guitars.
            Last edited by HardRockSinger; 03-31-2004, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Maximusgordon 2.0

This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ranalli
                This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard!!!
                Well, maybe not the dumbest thing I've ever heard...

I do think that most of the Duncan pickups are more complex in their tone.

However, for styles like metal, complex tones CAN make your tone mushy, depending on how you have the rest of your rig set up. In short, different pickups for different people. If your DiMarzio sounds good to you, fine. If it doesn't, try another DiMarzio. If you don't find one of those you like, try some other company. It's all a crapshoot depending on your style and setup, the strength of your hands, and technique anyway (and how your brain interprets sound frequencies, but let's not digress).

Bottom line: If you hate your pup, rip it out and try some more; that's half the fun anyways!!

Good luck!

Farkus
                2007 Strat ('78 bridge, a2 Pro neck)
                1976 Strat (Antiquity 1 set)

Fender, Mesa, Marshall Amps

Comment

I don't think the Dimario pups are a bad ones. I just think that they aren't the best ones to mach my guitar. This is the reason why i would like to try then in another axe. They acentuate the inerent mellow tone of my guitar and the result it is awfull. The guild S-100 has a natural bright and tight sound so the PAF classics will mach this guitar in a better way (Or, at least, it is what i hope). I the other hand the S-100 comes with a 59' and a JB and their would give my guitar (the one that has the Dimarzio now) a tigher and brigter sound. (Again, that it is what i hope)

As Farkus said: this is half of the fun!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Farkus
                    Well, maybe not the dumbest thing I've ever heard...

I do think that most of the Duncan pickups are more complex in their tone.

However, for styles like metal, complex tones CAN make your tone mushy, depending on how you have the rest of your rig set up. In short, different pickups for different people. If your DiMarzio sounds good to you, fine. If it doesn't, try another DiMarzio. If you don't find one of those you like, try some other company. It's all a crapshoot depending on your style and setup, the strength of your hands, and technique anyway (and how your brain interprets sound frequencies, but let's not digress).

Bottom line: If you hate your pup, rip it out and try some more; that's half the fun anyways!!

Good luck!

Farkus
                    I'm sorry but I don't think Duncan's are more complex in their tone at all. It's bobbins, windings and magnets....not magic.

Duncans tend to sound more traditional in their pickup line as a whole and whereas Dimarzios tend to break from that tradition to make some really off the wall designs. I like both companies personally and use both companies.

Comment

Originally posted by ranalli
                      I'm sorry but I don't think Duncan's are more complex in their tone at all. It's bobbins, windings and magnets....not magic.

Duncans tend to sound more traditional in their pickup line as a whole and whereas Dimarzios tend to break from that tradition to make some really off the wall designs. I like both companies personally and use both companies.
                      I agree that dimarzio is just as complex as any other makers pups.
                      it seem that some just dont like dimarzio's character,but on the other hand look at all the great pro players that do!
                      steve morse
                      al dimeola
                      vinnie moore
                      john petrucci
                      yngwie malmsteen
                      neil zaza
                      and a lot of others

Comment

Working...
                      X