Tele wiring problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tele wiring problem

My tele has 2 hot rails. 1 in the neck and one in the bridge, with a 3 way tele switch.

I can't get the middle position to work!

I used this schmatic

Hand-crafted electric guitar pickups, acoustic guitar pickups, bass pickups and pedals. Helping musicians find their signature sound since 1976.

i know its fro a single + Hb, so what i did was run the black from the neck pup to where it shows to run the white in the pic. I grounded the green and black wires and insulated the red and white for both the neck and bridge pups.

why wont the mid position work but the neck and bridge both work fine when i have the switch set on the 1st or 3rd postion?

thanks

Re: Tele wiring problem

this is the switch i used

Comment

Originally posted by wixomwhat
      My tele has 2 hot rails. 1 in the neck and one in the bridge, with a 3 way tele switch.

I can't get the middle position to work!

I used this schmatic

Hand-crafted electric guitar pickups, acoustic guitar pickups, bass pickups and pedals. Helping musicians find their signature sound since 1976.

i know its fro a single + Hb, so what i did was run the black from the neck pup to where it shows to run the white in the pic. I grounded the green and black wires and insulated the red and white for both the neck and bridge pups.

why wont the mid position work but the neck and bridge both work fine when i have the switch set on the 1st or 3rd postion?

thanks
      Don't know what you did, or why you were soldering a black and green to ground ...
      Just wire the greens to ground, the blacks to the switch, and the red & white of each pup together and insulate per pup. Include the jumper wires on the switch other wise there will be no sound in the middle ... There is no need to try to kill one coil off.
      ::::To sound reinforcement engineer::::
      ... What? ... ::::snicker:::: ...Yes, ... Right, ...
      Could we please have everything louder than everything else ? ...

Comment

Originally posted by Kent S.
        Don't know what you did, or why you were soldering a black and green to ground ...
        Just wire the greens to ground, the blacks to the switch, and the red & white of each pup together and insulate per pup. Include the jumper wires on the switch other wise there will be no sound in the middle ... There is no need to try to kill one coil off.

Ooops! My bad. I didn't ground the blacks. I meant that i soldered them to the switch. where there supposed to go.

Comment

Working...
        X