HSS pickup selection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HSS pickup selection

Ok, so i am highly considering getting a Fender American Deluxe HSS LT Strat, now ive played this guitar and the pickups sound nothing what i would like, so i want to ask any of you what you think i should get... here is what sound id like to get out of each pickup...
    The guitar will be Alder with a maple neck and have a locking trem.
    I play Lots of Classic rock, punk, and blues, just give me some input on what would make this guitar sound good. PLEAASSEE

Humbucker Bridge- hot BADASS High output for good distortion and sustian, while keeping Clarity and having a wide sound.(i have the INVADER but its too fat sounding and unclear for me) I was thinking Dirty Fingers...

Single/Middle- A high sustian sweet sounding pickup for a great clean sound with soloing capabillities and harmonics.

Single/neck-a good classic bluesy clean chords pickup.

sorry if im being too specific, but just give me your best judgements.
    Last edited by Armotron; 08-20-2004, 11:12 AM.
    There is no spoone
    - The Matricks

Re: HSS pickup selection

Custom for the bridge and a pair of APS or SSL's for the neck and middle if you don't mind the single coil hum. If you want to go noiseless, mybe a classic stack in the middle and a hot stack at the neck.
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Ok, so im thinking, Duncan Custom on the bridge, with two Alnico 2 on the neck and middle, which Alnico 2 do you prefer for that guitar, staggered or flat? I think that fender uses SUper Bullets.
      Last edited by Armotron; 08-20-2004, 01:19 PM.
      There is no spoone
      - The Matricks

Comment

Would pole piece height make much of a difference... maybe try staggered to add more of a certain EQ to the sound.. don't know if that made sense to either of us lol
        • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
        • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
        • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
        • G&L Tribute Comanche
        • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
        • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
        • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

Originally posted by Metalman_666
          Would pole piece height make much of a difference... maybe try staggered to add more of a certain EQ to the sound.. don't know if that made sense to either of us lol

Some people hear the staggered pickups as being brighter than the flats. I can't personally comment, as I've never had flat pickups.
          Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Alright so im thinking ill go with staggered, or should I really don't know, maybe ill get a lefty set even though im righty to give it that "hendrix" sound. I dont know, I really could use some insight from yall, cuz i dont have any experience with single coils.
            There is no spoone
            - The Matricks

Comment

Actually i think ive decided what my final pickup selections will be. In the bridge will be a Gibson Dirty Fingers (when i listened to "down" i love the sound on the intro) and in the neck and middle will be a set of APS's staggered and lefty put on to a righty guitar. The wood on the guitar will be Alder and it has a locking trem. What do you guys think?
              There is no spoone
              - The Matricks

Comment

Working...
              X