APH or JAZZ with JB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• APH or JAZZ with JB?

I have an EBMM Axis guitar with a JB in the bridge and are looking for a Duncan pup for the neck.

I have to modify the pup to fit my guitar so I must get the "right" one from the start.

It will not be a 59 cause I have JB+59 in my LP and the 59 is way to muddy with a JB in the bridge

It will be APH or JAZZ

-Which combo will have the nicest in between sound with the JB , I want it to sound as crisp/strat alike as possible when played with a semidistorted sound.

-Which of the two are most sutable for distorted leadwork.

-Which of the two will have the nicest clean sound.

-Which of the two will not sound muddy with the eq set for the JB.

Thanks

Re: APH or JAZZ with JB?

jazz neck

Comment

I just Installed the JazzN and JB into my McCarty, I'm really liking the tone of the Jazz and it balances very nicely with the JB. No muddy tones in either of these pickups.

I would say check out the Jazz!

Comment

i also say jazz
        boreddddddddddd

Comment

Jazz
          "Get a BIBLE: open it, read it, and believe it" - Me

Comment

I like both pickups, but the jazz mixes better with the JB. The Jazz and JB are both very "crisp" sounding with good string to string definition. In my guitar, switching from the neck to middle to bridge position sounds very natural, with the JB filling in the punch and mids that the jazz lacks, while letting the jazz be smooth, warm and articulate. The bottom end remains crisp and defined in all 3 positions, and there is no bass lost or gained. Best combo, IMO.

The A2Pro is a bit mushier, but also larger sounding then the jazz.
            Gibson ES-335 (stock '57 Classics)*Warmoth Tele (PGn/Brobuckerbridge) *Fender American Strat w/DiMarzio Fast Track Is*Fender Princeton Reverb*Martin D-28*Favorite effects-Maxon AD80*80s Ibanez TS-9*80s Boss OD-1*Fulldrive 2*Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive and MicroVibe-Maxon AF-9*Vox Wah

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X