Dirty Fingers or Duncan Custom?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dirty Fingers or Duncan Custom?

I know Dirty Fingers isnt a SD so i hope none of you have a problem with me asking which is better, a Gibson Dirty Fingers or a SD Duncan Custom if im looking for a very high output bridge pickup with a wide sound and tons of clarity. Also either would be put onto an alder body with 2 APS single coils.
    There is no spoone
    - The Matricks

Re: Dirty Fingers or Duncan Custom?

I think the Custom might have more clarity than the Dirty fingers... don't know for sure though
    • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
    • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
    • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
    • G&L Tribute Comanche
    • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
    • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
    • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

I was told by someone that the Dirty Fingers is Gibson's version of a Super Distortion. I don't know how true this is though. Never A/B'd the two.

Comment

The Custom is 100x clearer than the Dirty Fingers. The ´Fingers has more "oompf" and a certain "smeariness" to it, as well as the somewhat Unique way it seems to acdentuate your Fretting hand more than anything else (hence the name). FWIW, I´m talking aboiut the original Dirty Fingers, not the reissue. Although they´re prolly the same tonally.

The Custom on the other hand is the "Rock pickup from hell", lots of bite and thump, very even response all across the board.

In alder: Definitely the custom, the Dirty Fingers would likely sound like Mush (to my ears)
        Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Working...
        X