What Bridge pup in Mahogany body w/ maple cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Bridge pup in Mahogany body w/ maple cap

I'm getting a mahogany body guitar with a maple cap (maple neck/rosewood fretboard).
    Which bridge pickup would be the best for a balanced rock to hard rock sound.
    I want nice response like a dimebucker but without the shrillness i.e balanced.
    Good for soloing and good for power chords. I've read the JB/Cutom debate but it didn't really help me decide.

Any ideas?

Re: What Bridge pup in Mahogany body w/ maple cap

I love to stick with pickups within the PAF specs...Some great examples would be...The Antiquity,Seth Lover,PG,or a 59...These pickups retain note clarity...

Up from there would be a C5 or the Scremon Demon,though the SD seems better suited and more popular with strats..

I Love the Pearly Gates in both positions though and others are going to agree with me on this statement I Know....

John
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Originally posted by STRATDELUXER97
      I love to stick with pickups within the PAF specs...Some great examples would be...The Antiquity,Seth Lover,PG,or a 59...These pickups retain note clarity...

Up from there would be a C5 or the Scremon Demon,though the SD seems better suited and more popular with strats..

I Love the Pearly Gates in both positions though and others are going to agree with me on this statement I Know....

John

I love the PG set for pretty much any style of music. If you need high output from the bridge, the PGn and CC combo would work well.
      Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

I vote for the 59
        Warm, Balanced, and seems to have just the right amount of output, at least to my ears. ...........
        Only The Strong Survive

Comment

jb!
          ~Sid

"If you play a Nickelback song backwards you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward you'll hear Nickelback." ~David Grohl

Comment

Working...
          X