No announcement yet.

Help with Quarter Pound identification.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Quarter Pound identification.

Here's a segment of the pup id chart:

My QP has the SSL4 sticker on it, and I can see by looking that its a "flat - tapped", but it also has, stamped, (as in pressed into), the base, the designation: 4TRW

Does that mean I have a RWRP? And, if so, what would be some of the ramifications of how I use it? I was thinking of using it in the neck position along with a humbucker in the bridge, of a simple HS configuration.

Or would I be better off, to get a non-RWRP, and use them together, neck & middle?

I appreciate all thoughts and comments.

BTW - The complete sticker says: IFC55 SSL4 0250
    Last edited by ArtieToo; 08-21-2004, 12:51 AM.

Re: Help with Quarter Pound identification.

Originally posted by ArtieToo

Does that mean I have a RWRP? And, if so, what would be some of the ramifications of how I use it? I was thinking of using it in the neck position along with a humbucker in the bridge, of a simple HS configuration.
    I would assume that's what that means, a better thing would be to look at the wind direction itself (it's a single coil that's easy enough) a normal SD simngle coil is south polarity and the wire is wound CCW around the bobbin, a RW/RP is north and the wire is wound CW around the bobbin (err polepiece frame, I call it a bobbin still) (ants. are the exact opposite from these).
    There really are no considerations that are different than using a normal pup, the same principles apply ... You want to combine it with a coil from the HB that has the opposite magnetic polarity, also the wind direction alters the phase ... for a non-rwrp sc you'd ground tap the red & white; for a rwrp sc you'd hot tap the red & white (both versions of sc black to ground, white hot, and HB black to hot, green to ground). It's the same hum-cancelling stuff we talked about before,
    ::::To sound reinforcement engineer::::
    ... What? ... ::::snicker:::: ...Yes, ... Right, ...
    Could we please have everything louder than everything else ? ...

Comment

Re: Help with Quarter Pound identification.

Thanks Kent. Its funny, it didn't click in my head, until viewing this post this morning, that the "0250" on the sticker corresponds to the last 4 digits of the Flat, RWRP, Tapped model number.

Now I just have to decide what to put it in. I wonder if it might be a cool setup to just get another one, non-rwrp, and use the two as the neck/middle combo in a HSS configuration. That might make a nice Strat setup.

I've got a Distortion, a Custom, a Custom 5, and a Stag Mag all laying here wanting to go into something.

I love these kinds of problems.

Comment

Working...
      X