banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

will a lil 59 work in the neck slot of my texas fat strat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will a lil 59 work in the neck slot of my texas fat strat?

Hey folks,

I'm tork between building a new double fat pickguard or simply putting a lil 59 in the neck slot of my texas fat strat.

My one concern is balance...with the lil 59 balance in the neck position well? The resistance figures are actually larger on the liil 59 than the original pearly gates plus....but I'm assuming the output is a little lower.

THanks for any help you guys can offer.

-Frank

Re: will a lil 59 work in the neck slot of my texas fat strat?

Anyone?

Comment

I have a JB/Hot Stack/lil59 loaded Strat and the lil59 is a very cool compromise to an h/s/h Strat.

The lil59 does have lower output than a full sized 59, but it has more output than a true single coil. When used with the Hot Stack in the middle though the output of the lil59 is very nice and allows for a better notched position tone than you might get from a full sized 59 and a single coil type of pickup.

I just finished the Strat last night but all the early indicators are that the lil59 in the neck is staying. Nice full sounding HB tones with a touch of the Strat neck position tone peeking through.

If you are going double fat with no middle pickup I'd suggest a 59, but if you are keeping the middle pickup, go with the lil59.
      www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
      www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
      http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Comment

Im still torn.

The double fat would be more 'useful' to me in the long run....but the lil59 is a great way to do this a little cheaper...as I would have to buy a different pickguard for the double fat one.

Comment

Working...
        X