X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faasie
    replied
    Re: Issues w/ pups

You can test this with a multimeter. Or if you are not sure what it is you can hook up all the parts directly to your amp like.

pickup->amp
    pickup->pot1->amp
    pickup->pot2->amp

(btw I don't mean opening up your amp, just using a jackplug input and connect it to that ).

Leave a comment:

• spannyspan
    replied

Hey man, ya I tried that and nothing. The two pups dont work. DO you think maybe the pots are messed up?

Leave a comment:

• STRATDELUXER97
    replied

Originally posted by spannyspan
    Hey wuts up, well, I was switchin up my pups and I came across this weird issue. When I solder the black wire to the pot, it'll work for liek 15 sec and then the sound will cut off. The other weird thing is, when the distortion pedals on, you can still hear some sound but it's veyr weak. What's going on here?
    If you wiggle that black wire with your guitar plugged in,can you change the volume of the guitar up and down? Check the ground and hot connections at your output jack on your guitar..This is a common source for problems because of pulling and pushing a guitar cable in and out often...Let us know what you find...Get inside of your guitar and wiggle every wire inside there and see if you can isolate your problem to at least which wire...Do this with your guitar hooked to your amp and with your amp volume low..

John

Leave a comment:

• spannyspan
    started a topic Issues w/ pups

Issues w/ pups

Hey wuts up, well, I was switchin up my pups and I came across this weird issue. When I solder the black wire to the pot, it'll work for liek 15 sec and then the sound will cut off. The other weird thing is, when the distortion pedals on, you can still hear some sound but it's veyr weak. What's going on here?
Working...
X