Middle position pickup for my tastes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Middle position pickup for my tastes

hey all, took a break from the forum for a little bit but im back and with a question for the pickup experts. i have a JB in the bridge and a lil 59 in the neck on my jackson and now that i have money i would like to get a middle position pup on it. My setup is hum-sing-sing. I am looking for a good tone for playing santana type leads (good sustain, thick tones) yet must be articulate enough to play steve howe type stuff. It should be able to do clean rythyms well and slightly overdriven rythym well too. I do not play metal at all so not interested in anything of that type.In a sentence, i am looking for a thick singing lead tone that is articulate and sound amazing both clean and slightly overdriven. Could the experts here please reccommend me something? My guitar is made of poplar and i want it to kinda- sorta but not neccesarily go along with the tone of the other pups in the guitar.

your help is greatly aprecciated, thanks

Re: Middle position pickup for my tastes

Since you already have 2 side by side humbucker/single coil sized humbuckers,why not go with either a cool rails or another LIL 59 for the middle? The cool rails would be better though...

John
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Is the cool rails very articulate? And does it handle gain well?
      • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
      • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
      • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
      • G&L Tribute Comanche
      • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
      • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
      • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

thank you strat deluxer for the reply,but i would also like to know what metalman wants to know because i want a pickup with versatlity as well. And also when im talking about wanting a certain tone from a certain pickup, i know that i wont get their exact tone but i just want to get as close as possible.

Comment

Working...
        X