Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Doc Barlo..PG+ Pickup Question? Stratocaster

Originally posted by Farkus
    Guys! Thanks so much for the info, I really appreciate it. Guess I'm going to go pickup/magnet shopping!!

Farkus
    You're welcome..feel free to contact myself or Doc Barlo etc..for any help you might need along the way..Great place to get help on this topic for sure!

John
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Originally posted by Farkus
      Guys! Thanks so much for the info, I really appreciate it. Guess I'm going to go pickup/magnet shopping!!

Farkus
      You are welcome. Gald I could help.

John is one of the most knowledgeable guys here. He has great tutorials. Here is a story:

Some time ago, more than 8 months I think, I was trying to do a funky fat tele wiring. I have an ant neck in that hardash body maple neck tele. I love it, especially with a 500K CTS pot. But then the bridge (RG muy grande which is known to be a dark and fat tele lead pickup) gets really wild, really bright! I could adjust my tone on the amp, but this fat tele being my main gigging guitar made things worse, because I had to have quick tone adjustment abilities.

Then over on the telecaster forum somebody indicated that funky wiring scheme, I learnt about it by checking mrgearhead.com. It involved using a 120K or 270K resistance on the vol pot whenever the bridge pickup is active. At that time I did not know much about resistors and all. And what I saw did not make much sense.

Guess what, I searched the internet and what came up is a GREAT TUTORIAL done by our own John S. With pictures and all. After reading that and understanding what the ohm/amp values of the resistance should be, I could do it in 5 minutes, literally!

B
      FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

Originally posted by dr.barlo
        You are welcome. Gald I could help.

John is one of the most knowledgeable guys here. He has great tutorials. Here is a story:

Some time ago, more than 8 months I think, I was trying to do a funky fat tele wiring. I have an ant neck in that hardash body maple neck tele. I love it, especially with a 500K CTS pot. But then the bridge (RG muy grande which is known to be a dark and fat tele lead pickup) gets really wild, really bright! I could adjust my tone on the amp, but this fat tele being my main gigging guitar made things worse, because I had to have quick tone adjustment abilities.

Then over on the telecaster forum somebody indicated that funky wiring scheme, I learnt about it by checking mrgearhead.com. It involved using a 120K or 270K resistance on the vol pot whenever the bridge pickup is active. At that time I did not know much about resistors and all. And what I saw did not make much sense.

Guess what, I searched the internet and what came up is a GREAT TUTORIAL done by our own John S. With pictures and all. After reading that and understanding what the ohm/amp values of the resistance should be, I could do it in 5 minutes, literally!

B
        Thanks Doc....As you know,I also have alot of respect and admiration for you...I think these are the right words? Well...You know where I'm coming from buddy...And I consider you very much,a friend overall..

John
        Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Working...
        X