middle pup doesn't work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• middle pup doesn't work

I've just installed a set of antiquities into my strat with the standard 2 tone 1 volume setup.

but the middle pup doesn't work in any position (2,3, or 4)

I've put the set in two different guitars both with working electronics and it happened both times.

I'm sure it's wired correctly, as I double and triple checked with diagrams. And on the second strat (the one its in now) I just did a straight replacement of the pups that were in there (not wiring it all from scratch I mean). All the other pups worked before.

So I figure it's the pickup itself.

So does anyone know what would cause this? And if I can fix it, as I don't think I can return em as I bought them off ebay about 2 or 3 months ago, maybe even longer (I'm a slacker wha can I say).
    Last edited by dasfonzie; 08-22-2004, 11:09 PM.
    Fender Stratocaster - EMG 81/85 (camo)
    Ibanez RG550 - Invader (b)
    Taylor 110E Acoustic
    Traynor YCV 20
    Brice 5 String Jazz Bass

Re: middle pup doesn't work

the only trick i have is to wrap the coil in copper. its worked for me a few times.

take a piece of copper tape and put it around the coil under the black tape, right on top of the wire. be careful!! the wire is very thin.

good luck

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy
      the only trick i have is to wrap the coil in copper. its worked for me a few times.

take a piece of copper tape and put it around the coil under the black tape, right on top of the wire. be careful!! the wire is very thin.

good luck

How does this work? Do you think the winding is broken?
      Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

yes im guessing the winding might be broken, by wrapping the copper around the coil youll hopefully reconnect the broken wire (assuming that its on the outside). since all the wire is shielded the only non shielded parts are where it broke, its worked before but obviously isnt a guarenteed fix since it is very dependant on where the wire broke

Comment

gotcha!
          Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Working...
          X