The great unknown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The great unknown

As you may or may not know Albert Collins is the master of the telecaster.
    I personaly think that he belong to the great ones likes, B.B. King, Stevie Ray Vaughan, jimi Hendrix and Albert King, just to name a few.
    Mr. Collins has his own sinature model by Fender. There are too pick ups on that telecaster, a single coil (bridge) and a humbucker (neck). Now the humbucker is a Seymour Duncan Custom '59 Pickup , so I think itīs pretty strange that he isnīt on the artist list on this site.
    He isnīt as wel known as the other great blues players but please download some of his slow blues song, his guitar work is unlike youīve have ever hurd.
    Att first you might think itīs B.B. King on a telecaster but then.... my God!
    Than you wil understand why I think he should be on any list that counts, even as smal as an artist list at a site of Seymour Duncan.
    Anyway itīs just a shame thatīs al, that a great guitarist like that is almost insulted by thing like that.
    If you like blues guitar, and if you truly whant to know why Seymour Duncan pick ups are so great, just let him tel you that.

-Dylan-

ps; you can download some of his stuf at www.altavista.com (the mp3 page) and at Kazaa, or whatever.

Re: The great unknown

well dylan, i like albert alot as well, did you know he worked on neil dimonds house in the mid 70's as a construction worker when he quit the music biz? but i dont think he ever used that fender guitar. he died in '93 and i think that model was done as a tribute to him

Comment

Re: The great unknown

Dylan,
      I would think there are quite a few fans of Albert Collins here.

I saw Larry Carlton on a "Studio Jams" show on cable, and he mentioned Albert Collins as one of the players that he listens to at home most often.
      "music heals"
      facebook

Comment

Working...
      X