banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone tried the Dimarzio Virtual PAF's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone tried the Dimarzio Virtual PAF's?

Originally posted by Majestic
    So the equalization of the pickup is appropriate for certain variations of VH tones?

I don't want first-album tones.....although supposedly that album's brightness was from the producer/mixer, and not Ed's rig.

I like the tones on WACF, and 1984, especially.

For EQ info see the DiMarzio site for this pickup, tone guide.

Last edited by GHWelles; 08-26-2004, 08:41 PM.

Comment

I'm putting an Air zone in the bridge of my Ibanez SZ for sure, but i'm trying to find out what to match it with in the neck. This "chimey" review its getting is getting me interested. I went and bought an air norton off of ebay but don't know if that'l work out. Dimarzio's tech support said it would probably be too dark for my guitar. They actually recommened the bridge version of the Air classic in the neck of my guitar. While my guitar tech said he puts the virtual PAF matched up with the air zones in the bridge of the guitars he builds.

What do you guys think? This probably isn't a very high gain pickup is it? but a good amp and some pedals can fix that issue right? I'm looking for some coil tap cleans while having some chunking and palm muting with really tight lows. Styles are a mix of U2, nickelback and Pillar.

What would make a good match for an air zone in the bridge? this V PAF., air classic or the air norton?

Comment

bump...need to order in the next couple days

Comment

Working...
        X